Habits of my Heart

Two one shots in a couple of hours? It must be magic!

~

"Where have you been?" Mark asked a drunk Sean as he tried to sneakily climb through the window of their kitchen. Oddly enough, Mark decided to ignore his method of entering their home.

"I've been... out." Sean muttered as he tried to stumble to the couch to sit down.

"You were out with Killian again, weren't you?" Sean gave a sly smile and nodded slowly.

"We had fun taking those shots. You should've seen me, Mark! I was downing 'em left and right!" Mark sighed and crossed his arms as he leaned against the couch.

"Sean, we have a daughter. She doesn't need to see you drunk!" At that moment, Aednat peeked around the corner with wide, clouded grey eyes.

"Dad? What's wrong with Papa?" The seven year-old asked Mark as she crept around the corner. Mark's eyes went wide; he didn't know what to tell her.

"He's just a bit... tired. He had a rough day recording, honey."

"Then what're shots?" Sean laughed.

"Aednat, baby, shots are-" Mark put his hand over Sean's mouth before he could finish his sentence. Sean laughed harder.

"Don't worry baby. Please, go back to bed. You have school tomorrow." Aednat gave her dad a skeptical look before she ran forward to hug him.

"Don't let Papa hurt himself, Dad. I've seen him fall down trying to get off the couch." Mark chuckled as he bent down to kiss his daughter's forehead.

"I won't let him hurt himself. Just go back to bed for me baby." Aednat nodded and walked back into her bedroom and shut the door.

"Sean." Sean looked up at Mark with a half smile on his face.

"Yes sir?" Mark sighed.

"Don't go out and get drunk with Killian anymore please. We have a daughter to take care of and she doesn't need to see her Papa drunk off his ass." Mark lifted Sean off the couch and carried him to their bedroom, taking his keys and phone out of his pockets and taking his jacket off. He pulled his pants off, leaving the drunken Irishman in boxers and a wrinkled tee. Mark laid him down under the covers and tucked him to sleep.

"I'm gonna need these." Mark whispered to nobody in particular as he removed the Irishman's glasses and sat them on the beside table.

He climbed in himself and covered up, turning away from Sean.

"Don't be mad at me baby..." Sean whispered as he turned over facing Mark. He slid his hands under Mark's arms and down his chest, seeking attention.

"I'm not mad. I'm just asking you to not get drunk and come home and teach our daughter about taking shots." Sean chuckled as he pulled Mark to lay on his back. Mark stared up into the darkness that was the ceiling as Sean rested his head on Mark's chest.

"I'm sorry..." Sean whispered.

"Sh, don't worry about it. Just don't do it again."

"Okay." A few seconds of silence followed Sean's response.

"Hey, I love you." Mark whispered, planting a kiss on his husband's forehead.

"I love you too, dork."