Beautiful View

"The view is beautiful." Sean spoke quietly as he stood behind Mark, who was bent down leaning against the railing. The ocean was an elegant, light, turquoise glittering in the sun this afternoon. At least this time Sean wasn't complimenting the view Mark was providing.

"It is. You wanna jump in when nobody's looking?" Mark suggested. He stood straight up and popped his back, looking to Sean for approval. A small smirk slowly spread across Sean's face as he looked around at the pedestrians walking on the unsteady pier.

"Take your shoes and socks off and put your phone in 'em. They won't get stolen or wet." Sean said, doing just that. He shoved his phone, house key, and car key into his shoes. Mark rolled his eyes and did the same.

"I'll tell you when." Sean waited a couple seconds until an older couple moved quietly and slowly off the pier and back to the street.

"Now!" Both boys jumped in the warm afternoon salt water, splashing everyone sitting under the pier.

"Gah! What the hell losers?" The angsty teens growled as they gathered their beach towels and bags and stomped up the beach. The boys laughed and splashed each other with the salty water as the sun set, watching the teens pile in their vans and drive off.

Eventually, the sun sat the horizon, setting up a romantic atmosphere.

"Hey." Sean whispered as he drifted into Mark's arms in the cool water.

"Hey."

"You know I love you, right?" Sean wrapped his legs around Mark's waist in an attempt to keep himself above the deep water he was floating in. Mark nodded and clasped his hands behind Sean's back, holding him up.

"Of course I do."

"Okay. Good." Sean pecked at Mark's lips and gently rested his head on Mark's shoulders.

"Why do you ask that?"

"I haven't said it in the last few minutes and I was getting worried."