ten

After finishing my wardrobe, I poked the nubbins up my nose and sat down for a few minutes, catching my breath. Inhale... Exhale...

Checking the time, I walked to my new wardrobe and opened the double doors, searching for a 'hospital' outfit. Glancing over my colourful collection of fabrics, I noticed a small sticky note at the back. It read:

'Live each day like it's your last: Full of laughter, happiness, and colour - Beau x'

My bottom lip trembled as I stared at the not over and over again. I removed it from the back of the wardrobe and placed it on my floor length mirror. He was so cute. But it wasn't comfortable anymore.

Pulling out a pair of black shorts, I put them with a white strappy top and a floral black kimono. I pulled my feet into a pair of strapless black ballet pumps and stared at my reflection in the mirror.

(http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=99195001)

Perfect. I put on some strawberry flavoured lip gloss, brushed my hair and stepped out of the messy house. Mum and Dad were coming down to visit next week, and I really needed to clean up. Tomorrow, Alexis, Tomorrow...

I knocked on the Brooks' door and waited patiently, phone in hand, scrolling through my tweets. I wanted to look super casual, plus I had loads of mentions from my old friends and some Janoskianators. They must have found out I've been hanging out with the Janoskians and wanted in on the action. That's normally what it was.

'Always on your phone, just like my boys.' Gina chuckled. I smiled up at her and gave her a hug, 'Lovely to see you as always, Alex. Beau's upstairs getting ready.' I blushed and walked into the lounge.

'Sup faggots?' I called, smiling to myself. They've taught me well.

'Alex!' Luke squealed, pulling me into a bear hug. I hugged him back, smelling in his sweet boyish smell.

'Lookin' fine, gurl.' Luke Americanised (is that even a word?), holding my hand up high, indicating a twirl. I twirled round, teetering in my huge heels.

'Where's Jai bear?' I asked, looking through the halls.

'Upstairs with Beau.' Luke sat back down to his Fifa game. I trudged up the stairs and heard some commotion from Beau's room.

'No, it needs to be suitable.'

'What about your red ones? You could borrow Luke's red shirt to go with it.'

'No, it's too dressy.'

'Get the bowtie. That makes girls drool normally. It got me Ari, remember?'

I chuckled to myself.

'No, No, No! It's not gonna work!' I heard footsteps and quickly ran into the bathroom, hiding behind the shower curtain. I heard someone walk into the bathroom and let out an exasperated sigh.

'Jai, it's seven o fucking clock. I should have picked her up by now.'

'Look, don't worry bro. Just go casual on the bottom and smart on the top. Try this.'

I saw Jai's shadow give  Beau's shadow some clothes. I peeked through the gap as he removed his cartoon print t shirt. I almost fainted when I saw the set of pecks attached to his body! My breathing became quicker as he rubbed his hands over them.

Beau pulled his jeans up and over his hips and they exited the bathroom. I slid into the bath, panting slightly.

'Wait, I need to wash my hair!' Beau cursed loudly. Panic rose up from my stomach and into my throat. The shower curtain was whipped away and a pair of bright green eyes stared at me.

'Alexis? What are you doing in the shower?!'