eight

2 weeks later...

I was awoken from my slumber by a light tapping at my door.  I checked the time on my alarm clock. 10:36. No more late night Tumblr for me. I dragged myself out of my snuggie and trotted down the stairs. A warm smile greeted me at the door.

'Beau, I told you not to knock when I'm tidying.' I lied, leaning on the door slightly pushing my knee out from under my skirt in an attempt to look cute. My nose tickled a little bit, but I shook it off as the after effects of my BiPAP.

'Well, I haven't seen you for a while and... Al, what's that from your nose? I knew something was up... ' Beau asked, panic in his voice. His intense stare scared me a little bit. Confused, I put my hand up to my nose. My fingertips brushed against the hose. Shit. I yanked the nubbins from my nose, panting slightly as my nose adjusted to the new air.

'Alex? Please, tell me what's wrong.' Beau's strong hands slipped into mine, his eyes begging for answers.

'I'll put the kettle on, you'd better sit down.' I guided him into the lounge and made the teas in silence.

I took a deep breath and a small sip of the steaming mug in my hands as I made my way into the lounge to be greeted by a teenage boy sat on the edge of his seat, biting his nails, tapping his foot, staring at the floor. I placed his cup on the oak coffee table as I crouched down in front of him. Sitting on my knees I took his hands and took a deep breath. His green eyes stared at me.

'Promise me that you won't tell anyone and you won't freak out?' He nodded enthusiastically, gripping my hands tighter.

'Beau, I have cancer.' The words didn't feel real coming from my mouth. His head bowed down as he looked at the floor. After a few minutes his golden eyes filled with tears as they escaped in a vigorous race down his cheek. I wiped them away as I looked down at the floor.

'I've had cancer before. Twice, actually. But I've managed to fight it because it was very small. However, this time...' I swallowed hard, screaming inside my head not to cry. 'Its spread. In both lungs. I have a job to breath on my own and I have to spend a lot of time with my BiPAP machine, but the doctors will get me through this. I trust them.' I stopped, knowing that this was a lot to take in for him. This is the first time I've told anyone.

'Why didn't you tell me before...?' Beau's eyes were red from the salty tears, but he still managed to look cute. Did I just say that? This is the worst time to develop feelings, seeing as you only have 2 months left to live.

'Because I didn't know you when I first found out...' I trailed away. That statement was half true. I knew my cancer had developed when I had to use my machine more often than not. Beau's sobs pulled me out of my thoughts. I pulled him into a tight hug, his muscular arms wrapped like a python round my waist, sobbing gently into my neck crease. I patted his back, whispering 'its gonna be okay' over and over into his ear. We sat there for what seemed like forever, our bodies forming into one the longer we stayed together.

He pulled away, resting his forehead on mine.

'I'll do whatever it takes to support you, Alexis, and that is a formal promise.' Wow, a formal promise from the Beau Brooks, Janoskians heart throb.

'I appreciate that a lot, thank you Beau Brooks, thank you.' The tears fell gracefully from my eyes as he pulled me back into his body. Maybe this wasn't going to be so bad after all.