They peaked in store after store, but with no luck. One worker even chased them out, claiming they have no tolerance for horseplay. They were so spooked that they took off running. A giant pole stood in the middle of one of the aisles and Tiana instructed Naveen to dodge left. But Naveen being the goof that he is, the dodged right and their chain looped around the pole, stopping them dead in their tracks. Tiana showed us the marks the cuff left on her wrist from the impact.

Somewhere along the way, Tiana even found a dress that she really liked. She was going to try it on when she remember she was handcuffed to a boy. Deciding she'd come back for it later after they found Genie, she set it back on the rack with a sigh. It was the last one of its kind and just her size. Someone would come and snatch it before she even found Genie. Naveen, for the first time that night, thought carefully. Suddenly, he snatched the dress and dragged Tiana along with him. He told the assistant to put the dress on hold and they would be back for it later. This drew Tiana's interest.

About an hour later, they finally caught sight of Genie's wild blue hair. He was ducking behind a rack of dresses in the Dress Wonders store. Tiana found this very odd. He must want his presence to be a secret, so they waited until he left the store with Al in tow. As soon as he stepped out, Naveen grabbed a hold of him. Genie, finally caught, reluctantly unlocked their cuffs. To avoid a beating, he skirted off with Al, leaving Tiana and Naveen alone and untied.

Surprisingly, Naveen escorted Tiana back to the store with the dress. He sat there oddly as girls looked at him strangely. But when Tiana stepped out of the dressing room with her dress on, he said it was perfect. Tiana bought the dress.

Her and Naveen walked around the mall for some while before they ran into Cinderella and Aurora. She told him that she enjoyed their little adventure and that she must go, but he grabbed a hold of her wrist. He didn't let her go until he asked if she would accompany him to homecoming.

"And so I am going to homecoming with Naveen," Tiana giggled.

By the end of her tale, we were all dying of laughter and rolled over clenching our stomachs. Genie was a true match maker this time.

"I couldn't imagine being held captive like that," Belle laughed beside me, leaning her head on my shoulder.

Tiana offered a small smile before laughing along. "Yeah. I definitely wasn't expecting that to happen!"

Once Cinderella recovered, she looked down at her hands. "I actually don't have a date."

Aurora rested a hand on her comfortingly. "Aw, you'll find one. Any guy would be foolish to not want to go with you."

This surprised me. I think it surprised Belle too because she stiffened next to me. For the first time all night, Aurora had shown an emotion.

Cinderella smiled at her in thanks. "What about you?"

Aurora shook her head, but didn't say anything. Instead, she turned to look at Jasmine who was seated to her right.

Jasmine couldn't help but smile. "Well, I haven't been asked just yet. But like Tiana, I met a boy tonight," she admitted, a hint of red appearing on her cheeks.

"What's his name?!" I blurted out, unable to contain my excitement.

"Tavian," she smiled widely. "Although I kind of told him my name was Lilian..."

"Jas, why would you do that?" Punzie asked. She was now laying on her stomach, her head propped up by her hands.

Jasmine shrugged her shoulders. "I panicked!" She frowned slightly. How could a girl as beautiful as her get intimidated by a boy? She turned her attention to Belle. "Your turn."

Belle sat up, leaving my shoulder to suddenly grow cold from her absence. She's been staying with Adam for quite some time now, but she hasn't spoke of him much. I wondered what was going on between the two of them... I silently waited in anticipation.

"Ummm..." she started quietly.

Punzie shot up suddenly, causing all of us to jump. "I knew it! You two totally are a think aren't you?!" she practically shouted,  jumping up and down.

I couldn't stop the giant smile that played on my lips. "Oh please tell me it's true!" I joined in, shaking her excitedly.

Belle laughed nervously. "No no. It's not like that," she denied, shaking her head slightly.

Punzie wasn't convinced. She smirked at her and leaned down. "But there is something there," she prodded.

Belle didn't break. She continued to laugh and shake her head. "I don't have a date."

"Alright. Until Belle can realize that it's totally meant to be, we'll skip her." Punzie shot her one last look before she sat down again, eagerly awaiting my answer.

"I will be going with Eric," I announced. As if it's much of a surprise though. They all "awed."

This was it, the moment of truth. We all looked at Punzie. Her eyes grew big as she realized it was her turn to spill the beans.

"I don't have a date just yet either," she admitted.

This kind of shocked me. There's something going on between her and that senior, but I guess they haven't sorted it out just yet.

My phone started vibrating in my pocket again. Like all the other times, I ignored it and instead shoved it under my pillow.

"Movie time!"

The room went dark and quiet as we all settled in to watch a chick flick. The pleasant smell of popcorn filled the air as I thought about what awaited me the next day. I couldn't avoid my father forever. I just pray that he will somehow forgive me and let love win.