#45, Wall-throwing

Mulai dari awal

Emilia pushed her plate away and grabbed the other empty dishes to put away in the dishwasher. She cleared her throat and gave her daughter an encouraging look. "I already called the club and they will watch for the guy on their security tapes. We'll see what we can legally do from there. But I'm afraid there's not much we can do. Apart from the grab to your breast, it looks like nothing was out of the ordinary. It was a club with drunken people. Things like that tend to happen. There's not much we can do against that." With that she stood up and went toward the kitchen, dishes in hand.

Tamira nodded sadly, distantly thinking about all the times that other girls had been in a similar situation over the world. Or worse. She shook her head, feeling guilty that she was feeling glad that she'd only been groped inappropriately by an idiot. "What about the news?"

"I already called Jeff," Emilia answered. Jeff and his team were their go-to attorneys for everything. Even from their office back in Sydney. "We're looking into that. At least they won't get away with this nonsense."

Her mom halted, thinking for a moment. "The good thing is that today's news will be tomorrow's fish-and-chip paper, correct? They will talk about more interesting things soon enough. They always do." She bobbed her head resolutely. "I think the whole 'Neymira' rumors have been more difficult to manage, don't you? They stick around, after everything. Who's talking about Neymar's failed free kick those months ago? No one. I still have to say it again, though, Tami – I think it's time to think about better security detail for you. I don't want to think about what else could happen."

Tamira winced, pushing the tablet away from her. She'd seen enough. And she hadn't even dared to open any of her social media accounts. Emma had already told her about the diverse attacks on her person and the insults that accompanied them. How could she do this to Neymar? He's such a great guy, why did he even bother with a whore like her? So charming... not.

No thanks to that incident, though, her mother was starting to fear for her safety now. And although she wouldn't want to admit it out loud, so was Tamira. The scene with that guy had shaken her up quite a bit, but if she didn't want one thing, than it was that she didn't want to blow this out of proportion. It was just like her mother said – these things tended to happen in locations like this. She wasn't sure she wanted to live with that fact, but there wasn't anything she could actively do.

People wanted to see what they wanted to see. Reality was rarely a part of that.

And those comments and articles didn't help soothe her worries. It didn't help either that Emilia had admitted to have been wary in this regard ever since the 'Neymira' rumors had started to skyrocket around the world – along with the rising attention (and hate, in some regards) on Tamira's persona.

Tamira took a sip of coffee, grimacing and fletching her teeth in distaste when she realized it had already gone cold. "Can we please not talk about this again? I just want to forget it ever happened, okay? I still haven't talked to Neymar, and if you hadn't noticed I can't wait to do so."

Emma snorted. "You going to tell him what that guy said to you?"

"He said something to?" Emilia asked. Tamira scowled at her best friend; she'd hoped that particular fact wouldn't become an issue. Ever. "Do I even want to know?"

"Ah, it's nothing worth mentioning, mom. Don't worry," Tamira answered, trying to downplay it.

"Yeah, Emilia," Emma added. "Your daughter can hold her own against assholes like that." She winked at the older woman. "I taught her well."

Emilia chuckled. "Oh, you can hold your own, I'm certain."

"Hell yeah! That guy should be lucky I wasn't around at that moment!"