Our Shower

Anya's POV:

We climb in carefully and I let the water drip down my face the warmth swallowing me. Asher puts shampoo in his hands and massages it into my long hair.

Ash's POV:

"Wow girly that's a whole lot of hair you got there." "Yeah I know." "How can you handle all this hair?" "I don't know, but sometimes I just want to shave all of it off." "I can imagine." "I want to die it black and electric blue." "Cool, why haven't you?" "I wasn't allowed." She says rinsing the shampoo out as I prepare conditioner in my hands.

"You shed a lot of hair in the shower." "Sorry." "It's okay, I just don't get how you can loose so much hair and still have enough of it to weigh like 10 pounds." "Me neither."
We smile at each other and I put the conditioner in her hair. I scrub down to her scalp like she likes and run through all the tangles with my fingers. Her hair automatically starts feeling soft in my hands. She puts soap onto a lufa and makes the soap sudsey and starts scrubbing at her skin like she's attacking three inches of grime on the wall. Her skin turns bright red and starts bleeding in some spots and I new it hurt to be touched. This has to stop.

"Anya don't scrub so hard, you're making yourself bleed, see?" "I'm sorry" she says looking awfully hurt. "It's okay you just have to be careful." "Okay."

She rinses the soap out of her hair and climbs out of the shower. I quickly wash my hair and my body and rinse the soap off so I can help Anya. I climb out of the shower and dry of get dressed and comb my hair. I grab the peroxide and band aids out of the cupboard and walk over to where Anya's sitting on the toilet lid in pajama shorts and a t shirt and squat down in front of her pouring peroxide on a cotton pad and pressing it against one of the scratches, Anya watches it bubble and smiles cuz she thinks it's cool I put band aids over the scratches and say "next time try and be a little more careful okay?" "Okay" she says and drags me out of the bathroom and back into our room. She climbs up on the bed and asks if I want to comb her hair. So I sit behind her and run her brush through her hair. "Do you know how to braid?" "No, but mom can help you okay? I'll go get her." "Okay. Thanks." "You're welcome." I get up and walk to the kitchen. "Mom will you help Anya braid her hair?" "Sure. Why don't you help dad finish up dinner and I'll go help Anya." "Okay thanks mom." "No problem son."