the Escape

Asher POV:

Everyone that works here is either checking in or out of their shift so no one's around. This is when to escape. This is it. If we are getting her out it needs to be now or never. She's sleeping though....she's so cute when she sleeps. She wants out though and if that's what she wants that's what I'll give her.

*I kiss her forehead and pick her up*

"Everything's going to be just fine, I'm getting you out."

She rolls over so she's facing my chest and resting her head on my shoulder as I carry her to my car. I lay her in the seat I still have down from bringing her and cover her with a blanket my dad had brought and she cuddles with the bear he got her. My dad wants to be as good as possible to her to make up for her sh** dad she has. I don't blame him. She deserves a dad and I'm okay with my dad being there to support her. He's a good dad unlike the one she has. My dad won't lay a finger on her or call her nasty things, he'll be good to her and tell her what is true. My dad is what a father should be not what a father shouldn't. Any way, my thoughts are getting way out of hand.

I can't believe we snuck out that easily...she seems comfortable being back in my car and not in the hospital, the warmth and fresh air smell of my car must be comforting for her. I don't blame her I was starting to get tired of that hospital myself.

"It's okay baby, we're out now. Everything's going to be alright now."

I turn on the radio just loud enough to have a comfortable, safe sound, barely loud enough to hear so I feel okay and I can sink into safety and out of worries.

Look at her, she is sleeping good, she doesn't look in pain, she has color back, I'll let her sleep but I need to do something to keep my mind off things for a while. I'll go continue digging.

I arrive at our spot in the woods and park the car where I can still see Anya sleeping from where I'm digging. I start digging a spiral staircase to fancy it up a bit and add a little more safety. Anya will like it. After it's deep enough in I start digging straight out and pack the extra sand into the walls and floors to make it stronger and I just keep digging then I had an idea.

I put some of the dirt into a pile and pack it into a bed shape and I go up stairs to get Anya out of the car to put her down here with me. I ball up my jacket so she has a pillow and lay her on the bed then I cover her up again and give back the bear. Maybe the bear is what stops the nightmares I'll make sure she always has that. I sit there with her to rest and cuddle her for a minute before getting back at it again. She lays her head on my stomach and I cradle her, she smiles slightly and I wonder what she's thinking about. We just sit there like this for a while. I'm surprised no one has noticed us missing yet.

Anya's POV:

Yay I'm out. He got me out. I'm warm and safe and I feel better when he was carrying me out of the car we went down in a spiral, where are we? Doesn't matter, not the hospital. I'm happy. Thanks Ash you're the best. I love you.

Asher's POV:

"Alright I have work to do."

She kind of moans, but rolls over and cuddles up with the bear again so I can get up.

I continue digging and packing in a giant rectangle out line big enough to hold a thousand people without digging in the center, but I start the center anyway. I dug and packed the entire first floor before crawling back onto the bed with Anya.

"I'm staying for awhile now, I'm going to try and get a little rest. I've got a surprise when you wake up."

I kiss her forehead and she smiles. She cuddles up to me and I just watch her until I fall asleep.

*Bbbbbrrrriiiinnnggg, bbbbbbbbrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiinnnnnnggggg*

Oh no