Midnight

Buzz Buzz.
"Ugghh what is that?"

I'm so tired who's calling me? What time is it? Midnight. Someone's calling me at midnight? Wait Ash.

"Hey Pretty Boy what's up."

I sound like a dying whale OMG that is terrible.

"Hey Babe, you sound tired. You coming? I'm out in the drive way with food. The power of working at a restaurant."

"Yeah but I'm coming in my pj's."

"Alright beautiful."

"K be out in a few."

Getting in a car with Asher is kind of sketchy, but I guess he at least has a permit now and I'm 14 9 months and 4 days now so I can start drivers training. I don't know if Ash driving sounds safe, but I guess there isn't a way he's going to let me drive since I sound like I'm dying.

"Great."

Ashers POV:

I'm excited. Pretty Boy when did I get that nickname? Eh, I'll go with it. I hope she's feeling alright her voice was a little raspy. She was probably sleeping and I woke her up. Oops. I'm going to turn on the radio.

"Hey Ash."

"Hey, now someone's alive."

"It's midnight and I'm a Collins what do you expect."

"You're so weird. Me and my nocturnal girlfriend."

Yeah but I love how mysterious she is. There's always something new with her. I don't think I need to give an example but how 'bout the bunker. It's alright I love the weird ones. The mystery to her is never ending though, so it makes me keep reaching.

"So Anya you excited?"

"For what?"

"It's day two of me being yours and building the bunker day one."

"Yeah. I'm happy for the first thing. Another day getting to call you mine. The bunker is for a bad reason with good intentions."

"Right, well hey at least there's something to be excited about."

"Yeah and I am. I've dreamed about being your girlfriend since I was in eighth grade."

"I've dreamed about being your boyfriend since I was a junior."

"Conclusion we've both crushed on each other since the day we met each other."

"I guess."

"You know."

"I love you."

"I love you too."

"Hey Anya, what are you going to do when I graduate?"

"Cry, miss you, call you a lot, you know anything and everything I can to try not to loose you."

"You won't loose me. I never want to leave. Hey when the world is done ending we should live in this bunker thingy just cuz it's fun and safe."

"Anything for you. 😇. Love you Ash."

"Love you too. Hey so are we one of those couples that tell each other they love each other all the time?"

"It's different when we mean it. Those other kids just want everyone to think they're the cutest couple of the week. I want us to be the cutest couple as of forever."

"😊 I like that. You and your philosophies on life."

"I've got to live by something."

"I guess."

"Mmhhmm."

"Alright Anya, grab a shovel. We're here."

"Alright."

"We have to walk awhile just to be in the safe zone."

"Alrighty let's do this thing, but one thing first."

"That would be?"

I wonder what she's going to do. Should I be scared? In a weird way I'm excited. Her mysteries leave me curious.

Anya's POV:

Oh Ash you are so clueless. It's only been your personality for forever. I love him. Watch this guys. Pretty boy is in for a treat.

I wrap my thin and tiny arms around his neck and pull my body close to his. He smiles at me with curious eyes. I've come about half an inch away from his face so he can hear my whispers. "I love you Pretty Boy."  "Where you going with this, you?"  "I'm going places Ash."  He kissed me .

"Sorry Anya it was hard to resist temptation."

Good I want him to feel temptation. I want him to let me lead though. I want to kiss him.

"It's okay."

Then I lean in and press my lips against his. I'm so in to it, I'm so in to him. Then he gets into it too. This is a true love story.

"You are a good leader. You really do love me don't you?"

"Yes I do. You're aren't a bad leader either, but you always get to be leader, I wanted to switch it up a bit."

"You sure did that alright."

"Here looks good."

"Yes it does."

"Good let's dig."

We were digging from midnight until about 4:30 because I needed to be home when my alarm went off. We dug the hole with built in steps. So we could get in and out of the hole as it got deeper. We dug it well under the ground. Deep enough to start the first floor. We kissed and he said we had to get going so we did.

"Ash I'm tired."

"Come here."

"Okay."

Eh. I'm tired. I'll drag my small body over to him. What's he going to do? I don't care, I'm just tired.

"Hey beautiful."

"Hey handsome."

Wow I sound like I'm dying.

"I'm going to pick you up on the count of three. Ready? One, two, three."

By the time he got to three he was practically holding me up anyway. I'm so tired. He picks me up and I nudge my head into his shoulder. He holds me close allowing me to feel safe and warm. I fell asleep there in his arms and I can hear him whispering...

Asher's POV:

"She's sick. Anya is getting sick. I know her better then this she'd be all hyped up and super excited, but no, she's weak and tired."

OMG should I take her to the hospital? Is she going to be alright? What am I supposed to do? I'll just keep her warm for now. I'll keep her warm and put her in the car and take her home. She's going to be alright. She's a fighter...I hope.

"Let's get you home." I say kissing her forehead.

Wow her head is burning up. Maybe I should check her temperature. I'm kind of starting to panic, but I want her to get good sleep. Oh Anya I hope this isn't something serious.

"Alright kiddo I'm going to put you in the car now."

She kind of groans as I set her in the passenger side, recline her chair, buckle her in, and cover her up with my jacket.

"Anya you're going to be alright. I'm going to make sure of it."

How am I supposed to make sure of it? Should I call her dad? What am I going to tell him? Yeah I came and picked up your 14 year old daughter to dig a bunker and kiss her under the moonlight. Yeah that's a good way to get shot. She swears the world is going to end and she wanted me to help her survive it. He'll think I'm nuts or send her to therapy.  Oh well. I'll think of something, I always do. I'm risking it, for her.

"Hey kiddo, everything's going to be alright. We're going to survive the end. Just watch."

That's when it happened.