Chapter 18

Chapter 18

I saw those familiar ocean blue eyes, dark brown hair and lightening smile. All the memories of my past flew back into my mind.  All those memories of how I met him, how close friends we became, how he asked me out on Valentine’s Day, how he used to look at me and at last how he cheated me and left me alone. I loved him so much and I thought he did too. I used to plan about our future together. I imagined marrying him, having children and getting old together. But those were only my dream. The memory of that day when he cheated me is still fresh in my mind. The pain in my heart that I felt that day came back again in my heart. My heart started aching. Even after he cheated me I waited for weeks for him to call me and tell me he made a massive mistake and he still wants me back but guess he never did. He just left me alone.

“So Rebecca this is my best mate ever Samthan. And Sam this is Rebecca, the love of my life.” Daniel introduced me to Samthan but I already knew who he was. Sam and I stared at each other for a while. He had the same surprised expression that I had. After awhile he gave me a small smile but I didn’t return it back. How come someone expect me to smile and act all happy and friendly in front of the man who cheated me.

“Are you alright?” Daniel asked me. “Yeah, I’m fine. Just tired from the long drive.” I lied. What am I supposed to do? I have to lie to him. I can’t ruin his friendship with his best mate the friend he trusts the most. But it will be really hard to keep on lying. “Well I can make you feel relaxed.” He teased me. “Not now Dan!i” I chuckled. I knew what he was meaning. Sam had a sad look when Daniel said that but later he fake laughed. I remember how his real laugh was. But then a question rose in my mind. Is Sam a vampire?

I walked and stood beside Daniel. “Is he a vampire too?’ I asked Daniel. “Of course, he is one year older than me.” Daniel answered. So I was in love with a vampire back then. But Sam never told me. He never ate in front of me and I never suspected him.

“Let’s go inside.” Sam suggested. Daniel nodded and started walking inside. I followed him inside. Sam mansion was huge made with old European furniture and architecture. Sam’s mansion was a bit darker than that of Daniel. We sat on the couch in the living room. I sat next to Daniel and Sam sat on the couch across the coffee table. I was at the verge of crying. I wanted to cry my heart out. That man whom I once loved more than anything and the one who cheated me is sitting in front of me and I can’t get out of this situation. I can’t get away from his gaze. Daniel and Sam kept on chatting about their childhood and all the things they’ve missed out. They shared a deep bond with each other. I can’t risk breaking their bond. I won’t be able to see sadness in Daniel’s eyes.

“Daniel I’m tired. Can I sleep for awhile?” I asked yawning. “Sure love. Hey buddy you show her my room?” Daniel asked Sam. “Sure. Let’s go Rebecca.” Sam said gesturing me to follow him. “Daniel, how come you have a room here?” I asked Daniel. “I come here to stay whenever I return home that’s why Sam gave me a separate room. He also has his room at my house.” He said. “Oh,” was all I could say. They are like brothers.

Sam and I climbed stairs and walked until he stopped in front of a wooden door. We were silent the whole time. “So this is Dan’s room. If you need anything you can just call me.”Sam said and gave me a smile. Doesn’t he have any pride? How can he act like nothing happened between us? Without saying a word I entered the room and shut the door in his face. I changed into some comfy shorts and tee. I lay on the bed facing the ceiling. My heart was aching. Why did he do that to me? Why did he cheat on me? How can he act like nothing happened? All those question came into my mind again. Tears started falling from my eyes. I covered my face with the duvet and cried my heart out. Why did he cheat on me? If he didn’t love me than why did he act like he did? Why?

My head started aching after crying for awhile and soon I was asleep………

When I woke up I felt a warm hand caressing my cheeks. I thought Daniel was doing it. I slowly moved to rest on Daniel’s chest. I slowly opened my eyes and saw Sam. I was holding Sam not Daniel.

“What the fuck?” I cursed backing out from Sam’s arms. “Rebecca baby you don’t know how much I’ve missed you. I love you.” He said slowly moving towards me. “Don’t you dare come near me!” I warned him. “Baby, try to understand me I love you. I have always loved you. It was not my choice for leaving you.” Sam confessed. “You fucking liar! You cheated me and then left me all alone. How can you even expect me to believe you?” I yelled at him. Tears were falling from my eyes. All those dreadful memories, all those misery came back to my heart again. “Where’s Daniel? “ I asked in a shaky voice. “He has gone out. Some problem came in his kingdom that’s why he had to return.” He said wiping the tears from my eyes. “Please don’t cry Rebecca. Whenever I see you cry my heart aches. I can’t live, seeing you sad. I know you still love me.” He said. “Don’t you dare touch me.” I pushed his hands away from my cheeks.

 “You are the reason I am crying. You are the one who makes me sad. I used to love you and in return you cheated me. Whenever I see you I feel like dying so please stay away from me. I don’t want to be near you. Go away from me. Take me to Daniel.” I shouted at Sam still crying. “First hear me out Bec then I’ll take you to Daniel.” He pleaded. I simply nodded. “Listen Bec I had and always will love you. I was forced to leave you. Humans are not allowed in our kingdom. Father forced me to leave you. He threatened me that if I didn’t leave you, he will kill you that’s why I had to leave you. I knew that if I told you the cause you will never be able to move on that’s why I acted as if I cheated you. I knew after doing that you will probably hate me and that’s what you did. I wanted you to be happy. I wanted you to forget me. But I know deep down you still love me. I love you Bec. You don’t know how hard it was for me to leave you. I still love you Bec. I love you. You’ve got to believe me,” he said. Blood tears were falling from his eyes.

“How can you even ask me to believe you after what you’ve done to me?  Just take me back to Daniel.” I said. “Ok the driver will take you to him.” He said. I got off the bed and walked towards the door. Sam followed me. He lead the way to the exit of the house. When I exited the house a car was already waiting for me. Suddenly Sam grabbed my arms. “Remember that I will always love you.” He said and kissed my cheeks.

Without saying a word I pushed him away from me and got into the car. I’ve got to ask Daniel what Sam told me was the truth or not. Another question popped in my heart. Do I still love Sam? After seeing him cry and hearing his explanation I know my heart has melted a bit. Deep down under my heart I know clearly how I feel towards Sam

A/N; Sam's mansion's picture is on the left side...Enjoyyy!!!!