chapter 1

Chapter 1

The alarm was ringing and I suddenly woke up. "Oh shit! It’s already 8 AM! I’m gonna be late for school!" I rushed to take a short shower, changed my clothes and go downstairs for breakfast.

Mom and dad were laughing and having their breakfast. “MOM!! I told you to wake me up at 7.” I said in a whiney voice. “Sorry honey. You were sleeping so peacefully that I couldn’t wake you up”, she said pouting her lips. “Now don’t start acting like a child mom. Because of you I’m late for school.” Saying that I grabbed a toast, rushed to my car and drove to school.

In a hurry I parked my car and rushed to my class. Everyone had already entered their classes. I was talking to myself, “You are gonna be so dead today.” Right when I was walking up the stairs a boy came by my side looking confused.

“Excuse me, do you know the way to the chemistry lab? I’m new here so…” he asked. I looked at him. He had these dazzling amber eyes with blonde hair which made him look gorgeous. He had a masculine body. His skin was fair like it had never seen the sunlight. He was wearing a white t-shirt with black jeans which made him look more masculine.

I was staring at him and he coughed slightly. I was startled and replied, “Oh yeah, I’m heading to the chem lab so you can come with me.” I replied. “Okay, that’s cool” he said. “Yeah” I said with a half smile. “By the way I’m Daniel but you can just call me Dan” he said with a smile. “I’m Rubecca but you can just call me Becca”, I replied smiling.

We entered the class together. We were already 10 minutes late. Everyone in the class stared at us with aphrenssive looks. “Why are you two late?” Mr. Webber asked. “Sorry sir I was stuck in the traffic” I replied. “I am new so I couldn’t find my way to the class.” Dan replied. “Rules are rules so you two have detention after school for two weeks” Mr. Webber said.

Nice! Why does this always happen to me!!!!!!!!!????? Last month I had detention for 3 weeks and now again???!! Damn! I screamed in my mind.

I sat behind Bethany and Danial sat at my side. Bethany looked at me with a smirk. “What??” I whispered. “You had a new boyfriend and you didn’t tell us,” she said. “He is not my boyfriend. He’s new in school so I showed him the way to the class." I said. “Oh…hehehehe..Sorry but why is this new guy staring at you like he’s gonna gobble you up?” Beth said. I turned to look at Danial but he was doing his experiment. “See he’s not looking at me” I said. “No he was looking...” Beth said. “No he was no!t” I said. “Yes he was!” she said, getting angry. “NO HE WAS NOT!!!” I shouted.

Guess I shouted a bit too loud. Everyone was staring at me. Danial looked at me and gave a huge smile.

“Is there any problem Miss Tanner?” Mr. Webber asked. “No sir.” I replied and started doing my experiment.

After class we while we were walking towards our locker.

“Who is this new hottie?” Emily asked with a smirk on her face. “He's Daniel and stop making that face.” I replied.

When I was keeping my books in the locker Daniel came by my side and smiled at me.

“Are you following me or something?” I asked. “Nope this is my locker," he said pointing at the locker beside mine. “Oh sorry” I said, embarrassed.

Brianna went towards Danial. “So you are the handsome new boy everyone’s talking about. I’m Brianna” Brianna said. “And I’m Bethany” Beth said. “And finally I’m Emily, the rock star!” Emily joked with a dramatic touch to it.

Then we went to our next class. Coincidentally, Daniel and I had the same routine. We went to the class together. Don’t know why but wherever I went with Daniel, everyone stared at us. In most of the classes we sat together. During lunch, he went with the other guys, thankfully not Sam.

“I’m sure this new guy likes you Becca” Brianna tells. “Shut up. You tell this whenever I talk to any guy.” I said. “No, I don’t” Brianna said, offended.
“Fine don’t start shouting in the cafeteria as well."
“heahahahahaha I won!!!!” Briana laughed. I just glared at her.

After lunch we had some classes and school time was over but due to my mom I had detention. YIPPIE. I went to the chemistry class and saw Daniel was sitting there already. I sat at his side.

 After some moment of silence,“So Becca enjoying the detention?” Daniel asked. “Yeah a lot.” I replied with a 'duh!!' face. Dan chuckled. “You’re interesting Miss Tanner.” he told with a smirk. “Shut up,” I said. “So you are new in this town?” I asked. “Yeah but my parents live in Canada.” He replied. “It must be hard for you staying away from your family. I can’t even imagine my life without my parents,” I said. “Not really. I’m kinda used to it.” He said with sad look on his face. “Oh, enough of those serious talks, what’s your favorite color Dan?” I asked. “Umm blood red” he replied. “Oh I’m kind of not fond of dark things. They scare me.” I said. “But I love darkness. Darkness comforts me” he said. Then he came near to me, looking at my lips. He was so close that I could feel his breath. Then suddenly he kissed my neck. I was so shocked that I couldn’t even move. He then smiled at me, took his books and rushed out of the class. “Hey wait!”, I rushed out of the class but he had already disappeared.

That was different. How could he move so fast? I was kind of creeped out. How could he kiss me on the very first day we’ve meet? But I felt kind of excited. Wait what am I thinking? I mentally slapped myself and drove back my home.

When I reached home my mom was crying and my dad had a worried face.

“What happened dad?” I asked dad. “We are having some financial problems so your mom and I have to move to California. And we can’t take you. Sorry baby we don’t wanna disturb your studies.” he replied with a sad face. “I’m fine. Don’t cry mom. I’ll move to my friend’s house for a while. You don’t have to worry about me. I’m completely fine. You guys can go to California.”I told them with a smile, stopping my tears from falling. Mom hugging me “I’m so sorry baby.” she said. “I’m fine mom don’t cry.” I said.

Then I went to my room, locked the door and started crying in the bed. I didn’t even realize I was already asleep.

I was shouting to my mom that I loved her but suddenly Daniel came and bit my mom. He sucked her blood and killed her. I was crying. I was so afraid. Then suddenly the alarm rang and I woke up. There were tears in my eyes. That was such a scary nightmare.

I got off my bed and went to bath. Today afternoon mom and dad are leaving for California. I’m not going to cry. I have to stay strong. I’ll shift in Bethany’s house for some months. I am gonna be fine. I told to myself.