Chapter 8

Chapter 8

I woke up next morning. I wasn’t able to sleep properly. Whole night all I thought about was Daniel. I couldn’t stop myself from thinking about him. I was worried about him. Do I really love him or not? But whenever I thought this flashes of my past came back in front of my eyes. (I saw myself sitting on the floor with tearful eyes. With a wounded heart I was reading our old texts, our old pictures but then a thought came in to my mind that everything we did was lie. Everything he said to me was lie.) Tears fell off my eyes. When Sam cheated me I had decided to not to fall in love again but why is Daniel bugging me? Do I love him?

I was tired sitting in the car. The sun was rising slowly. The scenario was amazing. I got off the car and walked over to the park in front of the motel. It was a beautiful park. Different flowers were growing. All people were walking around the park. Most of them were staring at me. I was wearing a dress at 6’o clock in the morning. I’m sure they thought I was some psychopath. I walked around the park and sat in front of a fountain. A man came and sat beside me.

Looking at the fountain I again thought about Daniel. He would have loved this place. What maybe he doing now? Is he sleeping peacefully or worrying about me? Why do I even care about it? Even if I love him, I’ll never be with him cause he’s gonna end up being Sam part 2. Maybe he won’t but I won’t take any sorts of risk hurting myself. “Ahhhhh stop thinking about him or you’ll get mad!!” I said in my mind but that person beside me laughed. Guess I shouted out too loud and everyone in the park was staring at me. “Oops!” I said hitting my head. “Are you confused or something?” the man beside me asked.

I looked up up him. He had these bluish green eyes. They were so beautiful that I couldn’t stop myself from looking into his eyes. His hair was golden which complimented his beautiful eye.

“Yeah kind of,” I said staring at his eyes. “You shouldn’t pressurize yourself that much.” he said with a warm smile. That smile reminded me about Daniel. “I’m just stuck in this situation that I can’t get out myself so easily.” I said. “You can share it with me. I’m a good listener and a good adviser. By the way I’m Nathanial but you can call me Neth.” he said. “Ummm…I’m Rebecca. Nice meeting you.” I said. “So Rebecca what’s bugging you so early in this morning?” he asked. He had a British accent which was just like Daniel. They looked kind of alike. The more I look at Neth the more I thought about Daniel.  “You see one of my best friends confessed to me last night and I’m not sure what I should do. I care about him but I’m afraid that he will cheat me like my ex did. I’m afraid of loving in love again and hurting myself again. My ex brought nothing but darkness in my life and I don’t want the same to happen again.” I said. He thought for some while. “In my opinion you should not let your past ruin your future. All guys in this world are not same. Just think your ex as a good lesson in your life and throw that trash out of your life. You deserve better than that. You deserve to be loved. Your ex was just foolish that he couldn’t know your value. Just forget about that asshole and think about your future. You should give chance to others too. You can’t know how they are until you give them chance.” he said in a convincing way.

I started thinking about what he said just now. Maybe he’s right. I can’t know how Daniel is until I give him a chance. He has always been there for from the first day we met. He has always taken care of me. He was there to give me a shoulder to cry on. He helped me to heal some wounds of my heart. Maybe he’s not like Sam. Maybe he truly loves me. I can’t know that until I give him a chance. I really do care about him. I get worried whenever he’s sad. My heart hurts whenever he is sad. I get anxious whenever I don’t get chance to stay together with him. I get jealous whenever he talks with other girls. Do I really love him? Yes, I love him. Reality hit me. I really do love him I realized.

“You are right Neth. I can’t know how he is until I give him a chance. But my heart tells me that I really do care about him and love him.” I said in realization. “Finally!! Maybe you should hurry and go to him. He must be worried about you.” he said. “Yeah you’re right. Time won’t wait for me. I should hurry and go tell him how I feel. Thanks a lot Nathanial. Maybe we will meet again someday.” I said and hugged him. “Bye Rebecca, best of luck. Tell him how much you love him and don’t worry we’ll sure meet someday.” He said giving me a smile.

I ran to the car and drove to the city as fast I can. When I reached Daniel’s house, I hurriedly parked the car and got off it. I ran to the front door and took a long breath. I opened the door slowly and saw Daniel sitting in the sofa with his head on his both hand.

“Daniel” I called him. He lifted his head. I saw his sad and worried face. His eyes were full of tears when he saw me. He ran towards me. Putting his both hands on my cheeks, “Where have you been? I was so worried about you. I searched for you whole night. I’m so sorry Rebecca about last night. I shouldn’t have done that.” he said. “Daniel wait,” I said but he didn’t listen to me and kept on talking. “I’m so sorry Bec. I should have known that you don’t love me.” He said. When he said that my heart sunk deep. I leaned forward and kissed him. His eyes widened in shock. Soon he kissed me back. The kiss deepened into a passionate one. It was magical kissing him. He kissed me with so much care, letting out his love for me.

“I love you Rebecca” he said pecking my lips.

“Love you more Daniel” I said.