Chapter 13

• Dedicated to Pawan Ghale

Chapter 13

 RECAP “You are finally back home. I was waiting for you,“ she said. I was confused. Has she forgotten that I am a vampire and I had just kissed girl in front of her. All I wanted was to hug her tightly and tell her how much I loved her. And I did. “Love you more than an thing Daniel.” she said gripping me tightly to her chest.

I was confused by her reaction. Has really forgotten what I am and what I did? “But…I am a blood sucking monster and you know that. I kissed Anna in front of you. You’ve seen how I killed her but why do you still love me back?" I said with a confused and curious expression. “I don’t know but all I know is I love you no matter what and I can’t imagine my life without you.” She said cupping my face in between her tiny hands and looking right straight into my eyes.

I just can’t believe what she said just now. She loves me even after seeing what I am and what I have done. But I have to tell her the truth why I did that to Anna. I have to tell her the reason that I did all those to make her hate me. “Rebecca I need to tell you something really important.” I said pulling her hands off my face. I intertwined our finger and looked right into her eyes. She looked a bit confused.

“Bec I kissed Anna because I wanted you to hate me. I thought if I did that you will hate me and won’t come near to me. I was afraid that I’ll lose control over my body and kill you. But I swear I will never do that. I love you more than myself.” I said with a sharp raspy voice. “I believe you Daniel. I know you won’t ever hurt me.” Rebecca said. My heart flustered when I heard that. I was happy that she understood me. She knew what I was but still loved and believed me. “Thank you Becca. You don’t know how much I love you.” I said bringing her close to my chest. “Love you too Daniel.” She said resting her head on my chest. She looked really exhausted. “You look really exhausted. You should sleep.  It’s 2 in the morning.” I said. She nodded in agreement and lay down on her bed.  I lay besides her. She moved and rested her head on my chest. Soon she was deeply asleep. Guess she really was tired. She must have had one heck of a day.

Rebecca’s POV

I slowly opened my eyes. The room was bright. The curtains were open and the sun was glowing bright. I felt a cold body by my side. I looked up to it. It was none other than my Daniel. He was already up. He was just staring right into my eyes. He had a sweet expression on his face. His hair was messy yet he looked so captivating. He just won’t stop staring at me. “What?” I said smiling and pushing his shoulders slightly. “Nothing. You just look so peaceful while sleeping.” he said with his heart warming smile. My cheeks were burning hot. They must be looking like red strawberries. I smiled at him and rested my head on his bare chest. His body was cold but not that cold. It was pleasuring cold.

“Daniel?” I called him. “Yes??” he said. “I was wondering how you became vampire and all that.’ I said with a curious look. “Yeah I forgot to tell you that. Well I was born a vampire. There are many vampire kingdoms. Among them my kingdom is called Christopher kingdom. My father is the king of our kingdom. He is King Thomas Edward Christopher and my mother Queen Katherine Diana Christopher. I am their first born child and I have two siblings Nathanial Edward Christopher and Ariana Diana Christopher.” he said. 'Woah! He’s the vampire prince'. I thought vampires only existed in movies and stuff. Guess I was wrong. They really do exist. “So you are my vampire prince charming.” I teased him. “Yep” he pepped at p. “Tell me more about yourself and how you fell in love with me. I’m really curious.” I said poking my cheek with a index finger. I really am curious how he fell in love with a normal human. Well he is a hotness loaded vampire prince. He can get anyone he wants but why me? “Well you are my soul mate.” He said. I was confused. Soul mate really? That’s old myth. “Umm soul mates really do exist for vampires. The soul mate can be anyone a human or a witch or siren anyone.” he said. “So what’s with the soul mate thing? Like we are meant for each other or what?” I asked still poking my cheek.

“Well, Soul mates are the special person who means the world to you. Just by going near to them we get this feeling which I can’t describe. It’s like electricity flowing through your body and your body gets all those lingering feelings. By a simple touch, a spark of electricity travels from one to the other. There can only be one soul mate for a vampire. You share a deep bond and attraction to one another. It feels like your heart is the same but bodies are different. Soul mate is like other half of us. Once we find our soul mate we won’t be able to love anyone except them. We are only attracted towards our soul mate. If your soul mate dies soon enough you will die too due to depression. You’ll feel hollow inside. You won’t feel like drinking blood, soon all of your veins will dry out of blood and you will die.” he said. This soul mate thing is really complicated. But I’m still curious how he fell in love with a normal human like me. “Dan how did you fall in love with me? I’m just a normal human. There’s nothing special about me.” I asked. “No, you are the most special person in this world. You mean everything to me. I won’t be able to live without you. And how I felt in love with you is well my kingdom needed a new queen which means I needed a queen since I’m the oldest child of my parents. I searched for my soul mate for many years in the vampire kingdom. I was just so tired and stressed so I decided to live a normal human life for a bit. I just wanted to relax. I moved into this city since this city was really cold and cloudy. I joined a school to entertain myself. On the very first day I saw you rushing to your class. Just by seeing you a feeling rose in my heart. Electricity flew all over my body. I was just attracted towards you. Then I realized you are my one and only soul mate. Whenever I saw you my hearted fluttered. Seeing your pale skin with dark hair and dark eyes made me shiver. I just fell in love with you." He said intertwining our fingers.

He was staring into my eyes. His dazzling amber eyes were like drug to me. They hypnotize me. He pulled me in for a hug. “You don’t know how many decades I’ve waited for you. Now that I’ve finally found you, I’ll promise that I’ll always love and protect you no matter what.” He said kissing my forehead. “I love you too Daniel. But wait how old are you?” I pulled away from the hug and asked him. “You really want to that?” he asked. I nodded. “Promise me you won’t be scared.” he said. I nodded again. “Well let me count. 199 years I guess.” He said counting his finger. “OMG! 199! You must have seen Titanic in reality. Wow that’s so cool.” I said. “Yeah that incident was really saddening.” he said with a fake sad face. “Now go wash up we still need to go to school.’ he said pushing me off the bed. Then a thought about Anna appeared in my mind. She’s dead. How will he cover up that incident? What if others found out that he’s a vampire?

“Daniel?” I called him. “Yeah?” I replied. “How will you cover up for Anna?” I asked. “Don’t worry sweetheart I’ve already cleared up everything. You don’t have to worry about that.” He said. “Okay” I said and went inside the bathroom to wash up. How has he cleared up all that mess? I’ll find out when I go to school.