Chapter 4

CHAPTER 4

Rebecca’s POV

“Becca, wake up, it’s time to go.” Daniel was shaking me. I grabbed the clock and looked at the time. It was only 5’o clock. “No. it’s 5 in the morning and you are telling me to wake up” I said in a sleepy voice. “It takes long time to reach there so wake up fast.” Daniel said shaking me again. “Please just 5 minutes more.” I begged. “No, I’ll count up to three if you don’t wake up I’ll kiss you.” he threatened me and started counting “one two three” but I still didn’t woken up. Then he came near me and kissed me on my lips. I pushed Daniel away in shock. “Have you gone mad? Why did you kiss me?” I asked angrily. “Didn’t I warn you?” Daniel grinned at me. “Now wake up!” he snapped pulling the blanket off me.

My heart was still beating so fast. I was so startled when he kissed that I couldn’t think anything. But I was kind of happy. I didn’t know why I was feeling happy but I was just happy.

Daniel had already left my room and had gone to pack some snacks. I got off the bed, washed up and wore some shorts and tees. I went downstairs. Daniel had already packed everything and was waiting for me. We got on the car and drove for 1 hour until we reached in front of a big dark forest.

“This is the place where you come to relax. You woke me up at 5 to come to this silly place?” I said angrily. “Nope, we have to walk for an hour and we’ll reach there.” Daniel said.

When I heard that we had to walk for an hour I glared at Daniel but he was smiling at me. I hate walking. It is so boring.

“Fine” I said angrily.

Daniel’s POV

I helped Rebecca to climb up the hill. I was hard for her to climb the hill. I thought it would be easy. Then I realized I am a vampire. It always took only 15 minutes for me to reach there. “Are we there yet?” Rebecca asked me in every 15 minutes and when I said “Not yet, just a few more minutes”. She would glare at me. She looked even prettier when she got angry.

Rebecca’s POV

We already had walked for 3 hours but still that Daniel would say “Just few minutes more.” I was getting really angry. When my anger had reached its limit I screamed, “I’ve had enough. You’ve been saying just a few minutes for 3 hours but we haven’t reached there yet. I’m not walking anymore. Where is your stupid place?”  “We’ve already reached there.” he said pointing at a small open space.

I looked over the space he pointed at. It was absolutely beautiful. The whole place was surrounded by tall trees. In the middle there was this little stream which would gurgle past. Butterflies and birds were everywhere. The whole clearing was bathed in green light from the trees. It was so beautiful that I could stay here for rest of my life.

Daniel and I lay on the grass. We kept on staring at each other, until I broke the silence, “This place is really amazing Daniel. Thanks for bringing me here. I feel so relaxed here. It feels like I have forgotten all of my worries and tensions.” I said smiling at me. “This is the place where I come whenever I confused or tensed. And when I reach here, I feel so relaxed.” Daniel said.

I was just staring at Daniel then I fell asleep. I was dreaming such a nice dream. I dreamt that my parents have returned from California. I had already graduated from college and was married to a rich guy. Although he was rich but he still loved me. I was 6 months pregnant and my stomach was getting bigger. It was a beautiful dream but I didn’t remember the guy I was married to.

Then I heard a noise. Someone was singing. Whoever he was, his voice was amazing. Then I slowly opened my eyes and realized that it was Daniel who was singing. I was lying on his chest. His arm was wrapped around my waist. His body was warm. I felt like I could lay on his arms forever.

“Your voice is amazing.” I said looking at his eyes. “Thanks” he said with a smile.

After some while I ate the snacks that Daniel had brought. But Daniel didn’t eat anything. I have never seen Daniel eating. But who cares. All I need is yummy food. When I was done eating we started walking down the hill. I didn’t want to leave that place but it was already 3’o clock. While returning, my left leg got sprained. It was hurting. I couldn’t walk properly. Then Daniel carried me and we climbed down the hill. The whole time I was staring at him. He would sometimes look at me and give me his warm smile. When we reached to the car, Daniel carefully kept me on the passenger seat. We drove back to home. When we reached home I was already feeling sleepy and tired.

Daniel carried me to my room and placed me on the bed. “Do you want to have dinner?” he asked. “No, I just want to sleep.” I said in a sleepy voice. “Okay” he said. “Thanks a lot for today. I had fun today.” I said giving him a smile. “You’re welcome Bec.” he said kissing my forehead. “Good night Dan.” I said. “Good night, sleep well.’ he said. He turned off the light and shut the door. Soon I was asleep.