Chapter 44

Tobias POV

We arrive in the Bureau an hour later, I have to find Tris now. Knowing she's in there with a man who wants to start war is very unsettling, I can't let anything happen to her. Amar passes out walkie talkies to everyone and I place my earpiece in. I look at Elena, "Out of everyone here you know the camera room the best, so I need you to up there and find Tris and then let us know what room she is." She nods and starts running.

Amar, Caleb, Christina and I start running towards David's old office, maybe we can find some information there. We get there and we all scatter across the room, going through paperwork and his computer. Christina stands watch, just in case someone tries to stop us we can take care of them. We all have guns to defend ourselves, you never know what to expect here. There are some people willing to die for their cause, I can't take a chance they will resolve things peacefully.

We're looking when all of a sudden I hear a gasp in the ear piece, I stop and drop the pile of papers I'm holding. I look at Amar who is just staring back at me, it's just silence again. I press down on the communicator, "Elena? What's going on? Is it Tris? Are you okay?" I hear a sniffle, this can't be good. "Go to Section D Level 4, she's in room T. Please.... Get there fast.... Please." I can hear her start to cry as the communication ends, I take a deep breath. I need to be focused for this, I can't let emotions overtake me... I need to stay strong.

We all start running and that's when everything went numb for me, I blocked out all my thoughts and noise and just focused on getting to Section D, Level 4. I stop and look behind me, everyone is so far behind. I wait for all of them to catch up as I let Amar lead the way. I know we're not that far from it, I just hope I won't hear anything until I get into the room. I don't want to think of what's happening in that room, I just hope Tris is okay. She has to be okay... she is going to be okay.

We get to the floor and before we open the door to get onto the floor I stop everyone. "Caleb, Christina. I want you to stay outside the door to keep watch. We don't need anyone coming inside or escaping the room." Christina nods as Caleb speaks up, "No. I'm going to get my sister, she's in trouble... I have to get to her." I shake my head, "Caleb you are best out here. You don't need to see what's in there, Amar and I can take care of it." He shakes his head, he looks like he's about to start to cry, "Last time Tris was with David she died... I have to save her. She's my sister, the only family I have left.... I can't let anything happen to her."

I look down, I don't want to think about what happened last time. It can't happen this time. I put my hand on his shoulder, "Caleb... please." He shakes off my hand, "You better make sure Tris stays safe." He says in a threatening voice, I want to be mad at him considering he once betrayed his sister but I can see where he's coming from. I nod, "If you are ever in danger just come in the room and we'll figure it out from there. Listen to Elena to see if we are in trouble in the room. Okay?" They all nod as I tell Elena the plan, we enter the floor and go over to the room. Amar breaks down the door and we enter, shutting the door behind us.

David.

6.2.16