Chapter 3

Tris POV

After we calmed Tobias down, Amar walked us back to the table. I can't look Tobias in the eyes but I can't be away from him. I tried to hold his hand but he let go of it right away. When get to the table and Amar sits Bruno right next to him, I seriously can't believe he told Tobias about me and him... I was going to do that in private. Tobias was about to change his seat but then I pleaded with him to stay next to me. Christina moves next to me and I can't help but be happy again, having my best friend back.

While they are serving the pizza I can't help but look at Tobias. I know I should say something but I also know that he doesn't want anything to do with me right now. I can't imagine what he's thinking, his girlfriend all of a sudden comes back from the dead and if that isn't enough he finds out his girlfriend was also seeing someone else. I look down, I can't help but feel sick to my stomach. I feel so guilty about it all, I mean I didn't do much with Bruno but I gave up on Tobias.

I'm so tempted to just run out of here, I already did enough damage to everyone. I hurt the one man I truly did love... and for what? Don't get me wrong I know I have some sort of feelings towards Bruno but it doesn't come close to the feelings I have for Tobias. I look over at Tobias again, he looks at me but quickly looks the other way. I can feel sadness taking over, I just want to hug him and tell him how sorry again. While I'm debating I hear Caleb call my name, next thing I hear "So Beatrice can you explain this all to me because I'm having a hard time putting the pieces together." It's time to tell everyone.

I explain about everything that happened with David and tell them the next thing I remember is waking up and Amar telling me that the Bureau has decided to fake my death. I tell them about all I've been doing at the Bureau, with the fight of equality for the GD's and then all the tests they did on me because I was the strongest Divergent the Bureau has seen so far. I don't go into much detail about it though, there's still a lot of stuff that is too painful to talk about. Then I talk about how I kept tabs on all of them, watching them through the cameras. I tell him how I came to Uriah's funeral and how I was able to see Four at times.

I look over and see Tobias tense up when I talk about his parts, I want to hold his hand and relax him but I don't want him to reject me in front of everyone and have them start asking questions. I tell them without Amar I wouldn't have been able to stay as close as I would like. Christina clears her throat and raises her glass, "Well Amar even though you didn't let Tris visit me," I can hear the annoyance in her voice, a typical candor trait. "Thank you for taking such good care of my friend and giving her the opportunities you gave her. Thank you for returning my best friend home to us." Everyone raises their glasses and we drink to it.

1.7.16