Chapter 20

Tobias POV

    Pizza, everyone in Dauntless loves pizza! Pizza also goes great with movies so it works out perfect. I'm taking all the groceries in at once, only pansycakes make two trips for groceries. I'm fumbling to get the key out to open the door but I finally manage to get it. I open the door and something feels wrong, I look over and see Amar and Bruno walking towards Tris. My heart breaks, they are here to take her away from me again. They all look over at my direction and I'm about to drop the groceries but I set them on the counter instead.

    "GET AWAY FROM HER NOW." I yell and I run over and stand in front of her. Amar puts a hand up, "Four relax, we are just here to talk to her." I look back at her, "Are you okay Tris?" She nods and grabs my hand. "We're not going to hurt her, she means a lot to us." I hear Bruno say. I roll my eyes and look back at him, "Shut up Bruno or I'll finish what I started." Bruno sends a mean glare my way and Amar sighs, "Four relax, you can't just threaten to beat up someone every time they say something." I roll my eyes, "Amar I don't want to hear from you either, you were apart of Tris being taken away."

    Tris places a hand on my chest, "Tobias it's okay-" I shake my head and look down at her, I interrupt, "Tris isn't not okay, they took you away from all of us. From me. They made us think you were dead, that we would never see you. They took away over a year of time away from us, I blame them for it all." She places her hand on my cheek, "There's nothing I can do to change any of that, but we have to make the best of this situation..." Amar clears his throat, "Tris, we're just here on David's behalf." I look over at him, "WHAT? David is still alive?" I feel anger overtake me, how could the man who almost killed Tris just barge back into her life and demand her back.

    Amar nods, "You knew he was still alive, you saw him before you left the Bureau. He hasn't died or anything so of course he's alive. He hasn't done anything bad to Tris while she was there and he's in charge of everything still so he wanted us to talk with her." Anger is just coursing through my blood, David... the man who wanted Chicago gone, the man who took Tris away from me, the man who changed all of our lives. I hate him, I hate him, I hate him.

    "Get out of my house. Now." I demand, I don't need them on my property, I don't need them overwhelming Tris. Amar starts to speak but I yell over him, "GET OUT OF MY HOUSE NOW. YOU DON'T JUST BARGE IN HERE DEMANDING TO TALK TO MY GIRLFRIEND, GET OUT NOW!" Amar stands there and thinks for a few seconds and then nods, "I'm sorry to intrude on the both of you out of nowhere, we'll be in contact Tris." He nods and starts heading out the door, Bruno stays put looking at Tris. "Bruno now!" Amar says. Bruno still stands there looking at Tris.

    "Tris... I was wondering... can we talk? Alone?" I look over at Tris who looks as lost as ever, if I knew what was going through her mind. "She doesn't need to talk to you about anything kid." He looks at me, "She can speak for herself, who do you think you are?" I try to relax myself, "I'm her boyfriend and I know when she is overwhelmed. I know her better than you ever will." I see his hands clench to fists, "If she didn't come back I would be her boyfriend so I wouldn't sound too cocky right now because you're replaceable Tobias." I hear Amar yell at Bruno and Tris is about to say something, but I lose it and run over to him punching him in the jaw.

3.7.16