twenty one

#6th in Spiritual! Alhamdulillah :D

"When you love someone who loves someone else, it leaves a wound that time struggles to heal". -Sarah Ghabrial.

t w e n t y o n e

"Everything"

That was the answer that Soheb uttered to Nikhil's question. He had asked him, what do you want to know? And in turn Soheb had asked himself that very question. What did he really want to know and in addition, he questioned to himself why did he wanted to know. Although, Nikhil hadn't raised the latter question even though he should have. But Nikhil was one wise person.

The moment Soheb had asked him what was going on between Samairah and Rayhaan, Nikhil didn't frown or got confused or asked him why would he ask such question. Rather, he had smiled. A complete unpredictable reaction.

The moment he had encountered the situation with Samairah and Rayhaan that noon, a thousand questions swirled in his head. But he kept them at bay. Even when he sat with Samairah for Ms. Sheetal's class, he didn't bring the question up that he so desperately wanted to ask. And only now, when he had met Nikhil, he asked him. That too he didn't do it straightforwardly the moment he met Nikhil that afternoon at Golf Club. Rather, he had invited Nikhil to his home for a movie in their home theatre while rain poured heavily outside.

Once, the rain had calmed down, they sat outside nestled in the white whicker chairs in the patio, snacking on coffee and biscuits laid down on the matching white whicker garden table. Soheb looked up at the sky, purple tinging the midnight blue hues. It was a plain, starless sky tonight. A clean slate. As if the clouds washed out every memory with the storm they poured down on the earth, transferring the heavy weight of it to the earth. And the earth, absorbing every inch of it, misty with the freshness not knowing that soon they would evaporate back.

"I will tell you about Samairah first", Nikhil announced slowly after a few moments, interrupting Soheb's daze at the sky.

"About Samairah?", confusion etched Soheb's features.

"Yes", Nikhil smiled in a wise manner, which he seemed to do a lot this evening. "The Samairah you know now, isn't the same Samairah that I once knew".

Soheb didn't utter a word, his face shattering the silence with the frown lines formed on his forehead.

"Samairah, Rayhaan and I were high school best friends. But we lost touch with Samairah after we graduated from school".

"You were in school together?", he asked. "How come she is your junior now?"

Nikhil laughed. Out of all the questions you could ask, he asked this one, he thought. Although, this was a very dire situation, Nikhil felt the need to crack a joke.

"You know how dumb Samairah is", he said solemnly, "she failed a year obviously".

"What?", Soheb asked shocked.

"No", Nikhil howled out laughing.

"You really believed me?", he asked Soheb.

"Why would I not believe you?"

"I was just kidding dude. She studied Engineering which takes four year for her to graduate while me and Rayhaan did Bachelors in Business Administration, which only takes us three years. Hence, we get to be a year ahead of her".

"Oh. I'm an Engineering student too. I didn't knew you were a Business graduate".

"Do you not want to talk about Samairah?", Nikhil questioned when he noticed Soheb straying off topic.