four

"It's tormentingly beautiful - how the most explosive feelings can burst from your seams but only in the midst of an either agonizing realization or a most majestic illusion." - P.K. Prince.

f o u r

Samairah's breath hitched as she read the message. She had painfully pushed all thoughts about him at the back of her mind and she wanted to keep it that way. But reading his name felt like she lost reign over her control. So weak, she thought to herself. She was so weak when it came to him. But she had to get her act together this time. Because you know what they say, never let an old flame burn you twice. She mentally urged herself to be stronger and took a majestic deep breath as if the deepness of her breath would help her wash over all the thoughts of him.

What about us? -S

Seriously Sam, are you doing this right now? -N

What am I doing? -.- -S

Going in denial! -N

There is nothing that I am denying. -S

Oh really? -N

Yes. -S

Okay fine! -N

She sighed. If he wanted to be angry at her, then he could be that way. But Samairah was sure that she wouldn't budge this time at all. She could take his anger but she couldn't take the risk of going into the ocean of feelings that overwhelmed her when she had to talk about him.

You know what Samairah? Be that way :/ -N

This definitely annoyed her now. He had no right to be angry at her. He had no right!

Be what way? Huh? -S

The way you were all those years ago. The disappearing act you pulled! -N

Out of all her school friends who had tried to contact Samairah, Nikhil was the most persistent of them all and it took him three months and finally a voice note from Samairah, in which she almost begged him at the verge of years, for him to back out. She felt guilty beyond measure.

Nikhil, I'm really really sorry :( -S

I don't want your sorry, Sam. I'm just looking out for you. -N

But you don't need to :) -S

Oh, I definitely do. -N

This made her laugh. That was about Nikhil, he was very quick to cool down and would never hold a grudge against anyone.

You do? :P -S

Yes Yes I do! :D -N

You know what Sam, maybe we could catch up for coffee and talk over it. -N

Ah. This was what she was afraid of. She knew that she couldn't spend time with him alone. She should've said no to him flat out but she didn't. Another slip. Closer to fall. Was it her fate that had fallacies or was it she herself who was bound to create them by her carelessness and her mistakes. She would never know the answer for she was already headed for her fall.

We'll see about it when we meet at college :) -S

Sure! When we meet in person, there is no way I'm not confronting you! *smirks* -N

We'll see about 'that' Niko. We'll see about that. -S

See you tomorrow then! -N

Bye :) -S