Complains of Adrianne

Chapter 4

Dmitri

Rose was gorgeous as ever. Too bad were not seated together. Babysit first.

"Uncle Dmitri, how long will it take until the wedding last?" Adrianne asked

"About 2 hours, the most.." I replied.

"That long?" her beautiful face was curled down and grumpy.

I smiled thinking that Adrianne had inherited his father's impatience. I turned to Adrian and Sydney and saw them smile knowing that they heard their daughter's dismay. I smiled back. Things were great with me and Adrian. We forgive those things that need forgiveness and acceptance. Working with him in the research with Sonya was not a bad idea after all.

"Yes honey, that long." I turned back to Adrianne.

"Oh boy!" Adrianne cutely pouts her lips that she got from her mother.

I look at Rose and wished to have a child just like Adrianne. But I knew it was not possible because dhampir men are not capable of producing a child. Or was it? I really don't know where it all started. I glanced to Christian and Lissa. Love was visible in the couple's eyes. I really wished Rose will accept my proposal tomorrow. I had it planned tomorrow since I know after this night Rose will be tired.

"Uncle Dmitri, I'm sleepy." Adrianne said.

I cuddled her near my body and let her sleep. Maybe it will save us time with less talk from an impatient child. I smiled on that thought.