Lissa's wedding

Chapter 3

Rose

It was time of the wedding. I stand my role on the aisle as Lissa's maid of  honor. I tried not to laugh when I remembered the time she persuaded me to  be part of her wedding. I disagreed due to the fact that I should be protecting  Moroi on this time. She eagerly persuaded me and at the end I give up and let  her will be done.

Every night in my dreams, I see you. I feel you that is how I know you go on. Far  across the distance and spaces between us, you have come to show you go  on.

As soon as the wedding hymn was sang in the air. I cut myself to those  memories and walk before Lissa in the aisle. The entourage was started by her 2  years old son, Chris. For the last 3 years, Christian wanted to marry Lissa since  they were already planning to have kids. Sadly, Lissa was still busy in court  passing a bill that allows moroi to fight and use their magic after she passed a  bill about the Royal quorum that there will still be a quorum even if the bloodline  has only one member. And so, a grand royal wedding was out of the topic  instead they marry only private having me, Dmitri, Jill, Eddie, Sydney and Adrian  as witnesses. I imagined myself in front of the crowd when Lissa announced her  secret wedding with Christian, there were gasped of awe, shock, disbelief and  pleasure. Back at the wedding Chris was followed by the flower girl Adrianne,  Adrian and Sydney's daughter. Yap, Sydney and Adrian were married, Lady  Daniella Ivashkov even fainted and Lord Nathan was likely to throw  anything he can see to Adrian by the time he knew about the marriage. Even  Sydney faced great terrors with the alchemist. But that was on the past.  Everybody had moved on. Next on line were Adrian and Sydney, Mia and  Aaron and lastly Eddie and Jill. The last two couples were in a relationship,  maybe everyone has a hint of what will happen next. Things had already  changed. Everyone seems to be in perfect shape. I still remember the instance  when Adrian said to me that not everyone turned out to be happy just like me.  But look at him now, he was happily married. Next was me of course , I saw  admiration in everyone's eyes especially Dmitri who is at the side of Christian as  Christian's best man. I kissed Christian on the cheeks and whispered to him.

 "This is it, dude. Never hurt Lissa okay? I'm still here to punch your nose again.  Remember the day of your secret wedding? haha." I said

I'd seen Christian paled and I started to laugh. Dmitri was also laughing  maybe because he catches my words of 'threat' to Christian.

"Just joking, I know Lissa will be in good hands." I take back my words and gently  pat his shoulders.

"You nearly get me Rose. Anyway thanks for everything." he said

"Oh C'mon get your wife before we flood tears here in court." I said.

Tear sparkled in my eyes due to happiness. Dmitri's hands were now on  my back. He gently wiped the tear that fall from my eyes.

"You're beautiful, Roza" he said

"Thanks comrade." I said with a smile on my face.

Dmitri and I seated on the pew near the kids. I seated at the side of Chris and  Dmitri seated on the side of Adrianne. Maybe some things never changed.  

Protection is our top priority.