Chapter 19: Going Back

Kylie's POV

I woke up, it was sunny and birds were chirping.

It almost felt like I was camping.

"These stupid bugs!" Henry yelled slapping at his legs.

They're called mosquitos I thought to myself. I don't know why I do that, my teachers and parents always tell me that I'm so smart but I never say anything, because I'm too shy. After all, I am 11.

"I'm gonna go for a swim, anyone wanna come?" Becca asked as Derrick stood up. Becca groaned, but went with him anyways.

"Is there any kind of plan we have?" Matt asked Henry curiously and impatiently.

"Well we don't know where the closest airport is." Henry said looking at me begging for help. He knew I was crazy smart.

I tried to think, airports, airports, airports, why would I even know anything about airports?

"They're most likely in or near to bigger cities, and if we're in Brazil like this climate suggests, Porto Velho has an airport that we could get to if we travel southwest, we could get there very soon." I said as Matt's jaw dropped.

"I thought you like couldn't speak or something?" Matt said amazed.

"She's just really shy." Henry explained to him.

"The only thing is, we don't know what's out there." Matt said as I heard the splash of someone jumping into the river behind us, most likely Becca and Derrick.

"We'll just have to go and see what lies ahead of us." Matt concluded.

After about 30 minutes, Derrick and Becca came back, and 15 minutes after that we left to go find Porto Velho.

"Do you guys think everyone's back yet? At your guy's house I mean." He asked before explaining himself.

"Well I mean I hope so, it'd suck to come back not knowing what happened to them." Henry said looking back at him. He was in the lead.

"They're probably dead." Derrick said as Becca turned around and slapped him.

Derrick's most likely correct, with all the factors of the world and the terrorists chasing us down, it would be unlikely for there to be many survivors. I just wasn't going to say anything, because this is people they've come to love, Derrick's just being an idiot.

"It's weird to think a 9 year old can be such a dick." I said without realizing it. I stopped and widened my eyes realizing I didn't say that in my head.

"Excuse me bitch?" Derrick called up to me.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean that." I lied to him, but he wasn't buying it.

"No, finally you can't hide in the safety of your mind. You think things all the time but you don't say them because you know you're an awful person for thinking them. So shut your damn mouth before I do it for you." He said as I began to cry. He was right.

"Hey Dickerrick shut the hell up and just follow us, because we're helping you get out of here and Kylie's super smarter than you so she's your superior!" Becca yelled at Derrick. I feel like she hates him the most.

"Kylie, you shouldn't let him get to you." Matt said. He was trying to connect with me.

"No uh, I'm fine." I said quietly.

The truth was, Derrick was right, I'm going back to how I was before I was kidnapped. Even though this experience has been completely awful and scarring for all of us, not to forget deadly, but it's made me be more comfortable around people, but Derrick was reversing that.

"I hope you die next." He said staring into my eyes.

The next thing I saw was Henry punching him in the face and Derrick hitting the ground completely passed out. Matt and Henry dragged him while Becca and I walked a few feet ahead of them.

"Can I ask you something?" She asked as my heartbeat sped up.

"Sure." I said shyly.

"Can you do one of your analysis things on me?" She asked curiously.

I smiled. It's what I do best.

"You were born into a good family, parents still together and close with your sibling or siblings, your friends are loyal to you, and you are back. You're a tough badass, but you also have a good heart and know what's right and wrong. You're not afraid to stand up for the ones you love, and you also aren't afraid to do what you have to do to survive. If you were in a book tv show or movie you'd be considered a queen, meaning a strong female and a favorite of the viewers/readers." I said as she smiled and tried to hide it.

"Thank you, I just kinda needed that." She said as she played with her brown hair.

"You have really pretty blue eyes." She said to me.

Oh my god, is this really happening, according to my observations, when a female compliments you she's either interested in you or she's calling you her friend, and Becca has a boyfriend so she's saying we're friends. I need to say something back or she'll think I don't consider her friends.

"Thanks, I like how your hair goes with your blue eyes too, and might I just add your eyebrows are on fleek." I told her as she looked at me smiling. I couldn't help but smile back.

Wait, people say eyebrows on fleek right?

"Ok, it's getting dark, we should probably start to find a place to spend the night." Matt struggled to get out as he kept pulling Derrick's body around.

"There's a weird like watering hole thingy we passed about three minutes ago, on the side there's a little like cave thing that's in the side of the ground, we could sleep there tonight." Henry said as Derrick woke up.

"Why do I have feel like I've been dragged 7 miles?" He asked brushing the dirt off his back.

"Oh, that's because we dragged you 7 miles." Matt said stating the obvious to Derrick.

"Let's just go to the cave spot to sleep." Henry said as he started to walk towards the spot.