Chapter 8: Henry's An Idiot

Kylie's POV

It's been a week since Henry passed out as soon as he trucks were driving towards us. We've been locked up in cages in the Nigerian Forest and one of us has been killed every day. It was night time and the area was lit up by torches. I took my water and splashed it on Henry. He coughed and woke up. "Oh my god it's about time." I said sitting back. He sat up. "What the balls your dead Zoey." He said to me. "Um are you ok?" I asked him. "Yeah, but, why am I seeing you?" He asked me looking around. "Because we were kidnapped." I stated. "But, you were shot, and your name is Zoey, and your a spy!" He said confused and lost. I knew exactly what was wrong. "Henry you passed out and you must have dreamt that. "My name is Kylie and I wasn't shot. It's been a week since you passed out, it's because of the lack of food and working yourself to hard. After a few days of rest you should be fine and we can get out of here." I told him as i stood up. A guard was watching us, like staring at us. He called to someone and they had a conversation. Good thing I know 12 different languages. It wasn't anything important. Just friendly talk. I forgot that these things are human too, and even with what they're doing they still have families and lives outside of this.

It's been a few days and Henry's all rested up. It was mid morning. The plan was happening today. "Ok everyone once the guards come in to take the last one, everybody runs. About half of us will get away. Then we go seperate ways, we split up and get out of here." Henry instructed. The time was coming when they would take someone. I grabbed a nearby stick off the ground and started using a sharp rock to sharpen it. "What are you doing?" Henry asked. "Making a weapon to defend myself with." I said. Someone's watch beeped. "They're coming!" He whispered. Everyone sat in fear and I was holding my stick as two guys came around the corner. Just like always, he undid the cage and swung open the door. He walked over and picked up a girl around the age of 7. She was screaming and crying as she was taken. There was nothing we could do, but I couldn't watch this happen, I couldn't. I shut my eyes as I looked away but that didn't stop the screaming. I felt someone grab my hand. I opened my eyes and raised the stick ready to cut someone, but it was Henry. Most of the kids were running in the field to the trees by now. We ran out and that's when the first kill happened. An arrow went right through a boys back. "Duck!" Henry yelled keeping his head low. I did the same and after minutes of sprinting, death, and planning, Henry and I climbed up the side of a mountain and spent the night in a cave with a waterfall coming out of it.

The Planeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें