Chapter 16: I Want To Live

Becca's POV

I still remember the emotions I went through, that drastically changed within minutes. I was terrified, scared, it was awful because I thought Matt was gonna die. I was afraid when I first heard the gunshot, but when I saw Henry I don't know what emotion it was, but my heart filled with.... Joy, I don't exactly know. all I know and remember from the reunion with him was running over to him jumping into his arms and kissing him.

That night, when we met Kylie and we all told each other our stories, how we survived, what we had to do.

We were all deeply saddened because of one thing. We were the only survivors of South America.

We were all walking towards the jungle when an terrorist came out of one of the tents with a machine gun, and he continued to mow down all the kids who tried to escape, but got around 20 bullets in each of them. Henry wrapped his arms around me, I thought he was protecting me or holding me accepting our death. But one thing had changed.

I want to live.

He was however, protecting me, he pulled me to the ground and I got what he was doing. I whispered "play dead!" And the others did the same.

"I just can't believe that down there, down in that valley, how many dead children there are." Kylie said quietly.

"Henry, where'd you and Kylie come from?" Matt asked Henry.

"I seriously can't remember, it all looks the same here." Henry said as a roar was heard throughout the jungle.

"What was that?" I said as Henry put his arm around me comfortably.

"Well considering we're lost in the middle of the jungle, probably a giant man eating animal." Derrick said casually.

I hate man eating animals.

I also hate Derrick.

Doesn't everyone?

I drifted off to sleep as Matt was telling Kylie and Derrick the full story of the cruise.

There was a large roar that woke me up, and I sat up in fear of being eaten by something. I looked over to see that the same thing has happened to Henry, who got up and motioned for me to follow him.

We had walked into the woods when he started talking.

"So, we don't exactly have water back at the quote unquote camp." He said using air-quotes.

"Isn't there a river up here?" I asked pointing ahead of us.

"Yeah, I was about to point that out. Kylie and I had to cross it to get to you guys, there's a fallen tree way up the river but we can just collect water and get back to camp." He said as a different idea crossed my mind.

"Henry, we haven't exactly... Had a lot of alone time in the past few months with your dad being on your case a lot before the cru-" I started but I stopped talking about his dad and the cruise, I almost forgot he jumped off.

"Anyways, maybe we could get water after we, caught up." I said to him as I took a step closer to him.

He dropped the bucket for the water that he brought with us.

He grabbed my face and shoved his face into my face, he kissed me. Henry kissed me. He actually kissed me. Ever since he kissed Sandy, and thought he liked her, I've been doubting our relationship, and his feelings. That kiss, that kiss that he gave me, that blew everything away. When I was kissing him I felt so passionate about everything around me.

In between the kiss and the second one, I made a joke that made us both stop kissing for a second just to laugh.

"I'm not even thirsty for that water anymore, thanks Henry." I said as we both bursted into laughter and sat against a huge tree.

"Becca?" Henry asked me.

"Wassup?" I responded still reminiscing about that amazing moment when all my fears were washed away.

"Do you love me?" He asked shyly.

I've been thinking about this a lot, I have, I've been trying to sort out my relationship with Henry, trying to figure out where I stand with him in this, life. He was looking at me for an answer.

"Yes." I whispered as he replied with a "good, because not only do I love you Becca Aplod, but I am in love with you." He said as he leaned in and kissed me again.

"Hey, we got the water." I said to Derrick as Henry and I walked back to the "camp" with a bucket of water.

"That's good, well uh, you two missed a lot." Kylie said to us as we saw three men in military uniforms standing there.

I yelled at first, I thought they were terrorists. They came in search of Henry and Kylie because if their decision to come find Matt Derrick and I.

"We have a plane ready to escort you back to America. Your friends Sandy Jared and Kelly have been waiting for you." One of the men said standing up.

"Sandy's alive?" Matt said smilie and laughing to himself.

"I was ready to die, but sandy's alive, she's, she's alive and waiting for me back home. We need to get there now." Matt said getting up and climbing up into their jeep, and the four of us did the same after the military men got in.

"Becca?" Henry asked again, but this time in a small whisper.

"What?" I said turning to him.

"Do you want to live?" He asked me.

Slowly I nodded my head, after today, after Henry, I realized that I want to live.