Chapter 2: The Cages

When I came too i was in a cage, there was another one on my left and one on my right. Across the way from us were 3 others and one was at the end of the wooden hall-like thing. I could hear an engine running. I looked closer at all the cages, there were people in them. Not just people, but only kids. And from the looks of it no older than 15. "Sandy?" I heard a voice ask. I look over behind me and Kelly is there. She ran over and hugged me. What's happening?" She asked. "I don't know, where are the others?" I asked her. "I can't tell. All I remember is the bombs and gunshots. The officer that was escorting you was shot." She said. "The terrorists." I said. "What about them?" Kelly asked me a little confused. "They must have attacked us! At the funeral!" She said. "Oh, your awake." A teenage boy said walking up to us. The two of us backed up in fear. "Who are you?" Kelly asked him angrily. "My names Jared. I'm 15 and I'm the leader of Asia." He said. We all started laughing. "Yeah and I'm the queen of England." Kelly said laughing her head off. He smiled showing his braces. His brown hair was messy and his face covered in dirt and his clothes all rugged with the sleeves ripped off his shirt. "Obviously your new here-" he started but Kelly interrupted him. "Thanks captain obvious." She said crossing her arms and rolling her eyes. "These 7 cages, they're arranged into what continents the kids inside are being sent to to be slowly executed, one kid a day. I'm guessing you two are part of the 6 they keep talking about. Your gonna be spit up and be killed, oh and no problem, me being captain obvious I loooove to help people out." He said sarcastically to her. "So then where are all the kids?" I asked him. "They're sleeping, were probably gonna wake them all up. Your friends should be waking up soon." He said. He shined a flashlight on a group of kids sleeping on the ground in each cage. "So where are we going?" I asked Jared. "We're going to Asia. Africa is landing tomorrow morning. "Hey everyone! Wake up!" Jared screamed cupping his hands. A lot of flashlights turned on. Some younger kids rubbed sleep out of their eyes and Kelly checked her watch. "Jared it's 1:29 these kids need sleep, they're barely getting food as it is." Kelly said looking at us with pure concern in her eyes. "We can talk later." He whispered to Kelly and I. "Does anyone have anyone new in their cages? Unconscious maybe?" He asked. I little 8 year old girls hand went up, so did 2 other kids. "We can see in the morning who they are. Thank you all very much. You can go back to sleep now. A lot of flashlights turned off but one stayed on. A boy that looked about 9 years old was at the bars. "Hey Jared!" He yelled. Jared turned around and rolled his eyes. "You think you could be any quieter when your telling for a meetin' at the middle of the night?! So shit your as* of a face and go to sleep!" He yelled. Jared turned around but smiled and went over to the bars. "Hey Derrick, at least I have people I can talk to in here, friends. You haven't made on friend in the year you've been here, and you should. Because most people can't stand your annoying complaining! Try to be nice and people won't always be avoiding you." Jared said as he turned around and later down. "Kids Boston accent is gonna blow my brains out." He whispered. Kelly stated to snicker but when I looked at her she stopped immediately and crossed her arms, put on a straight face and looked the other way. I looked out at the cages that were all dark. I tightened my grip on the bars of the cage, and started crying quietly.