Chapter 7: The Trucks Were Rude Af

Henry's POV

I was in the truck that was in the middle, I looked at the other trucks trying to see Kylie but I couldn't find her. I just realized how much I miss Becca. Ever since the cruise, her and I have never been separated that long. Ugh I can only hope she's ok. I know this sounds weird, but in a dream I had when I fell asleep in the truck, I saw her. I was able to talk to her, I was able to choose what I said. It's been two days driving in the trucks and my legs have lost feeling from sitting. A guard was walking by to monitor everyone and the boy next to me, he was 14, at least I think. He kicked the guard and the guard fell to the ground, he wasn't expecting that. The guy tried to get up to kick at the terrorist but he couldn't. He forgot his hands were tied behind his back and that they were looped around a metal hole. The kid flopped back against the wall and the terrorist got up and slit his throat. People were screaming, including me. I mean yes, I've seen terrible things happen in the past month and a half, I was right there when Bella got eaten by the shark, the lady on fire, Cole, the bombs, and the people landing on the ground. Now I saw this too. After the guy left a few of the younger kids were crying. "What's the date today?" Some kid asked someone on my side. "It's October third." The girl with red hair said. "Oh." He replied. Someone got their ties undone. He stood up. "Yes! I'm free!" He yelled as he started running towards the edge of the truck. Too late. The truck stomped on the breaks and the kid went flying into the door separating us from the terrorists. He breads through the windshield and goes back under the truck, getting run over in the process. We all looked away to avoid seeing more than we could handle that day. The back opened up and other people that I've never seen before dragged us out with guns pointed at us. I saw Kylie and ran over to her without the terrorists seeing. With a heavy accent he said "on your knees, hands above your head!" We did as we were told and Kylie whispered to me, "We need to find a way out of here." She said a little too loudly, luckily, from what I could tell, they didn't hear anything. "I know but how?" I asked her. Her red hair was in the way of her eyes. "Well, we heard they were gonna kill someone every day, and today is a day that they have us. They'll kill one of us and take the others back to camp. The chances it'll be one of us are so slim, I mean, there's like 25 kids here. We'll be fine." She said trying to shake the hair out of her eyes. "Woah your like really smart." I told her. "I know I am. That's why I was trying to help the government with a new experiment. They new where the terrorist group was gonna take the next group of kids and they put me in the group to seem like a normal kid. I'm actually a spy. And my name isn't Kylie, it's Zoey." She told me. I kneeled there with my mouth open. "My mission is to become good friends with the cage leader, which I accomplished. And now I need to gather information and get the hell out. I'm sure they wouldn't mind you coming along. I have a device in my pocket that will open up the cage and then we can leave here. We can do it tonight." She told me as the terrorist with a gun said. It was pointed out at our heads and his finger on the trigger. "Eeny meeny miney, mo." He said as the gun was pointed right in front of Kylie's forehead, well I guess Zoey. But he pulled the trigger and I could feel her blood spray across my face.