EMI Australia

Tyler's POV

My notifications for YouTube sounded on my phone, signalling that one of my friends had posted a new video. Unlocking my phone, I opened the YouTube app and discovered that it was Troye that had uploaded. It was titled 'The Fault in Our Stars - Troye Sivan (Official Video)'. Maybe it was the song he had posted to Tumblr a few weeks ago. Clicking on the video, I was delighted to find that my intuition was right; the sound teenage angel (not creepy at all) had made a heartwarming music video to pair with the equally heartbreaking song. He was helping his local hospital too by donating all of the money earned from the video to them. This kid was awe-inspiring; he was so kind and so generous. I don't see how anyone could have been unaccepting of such a loving boy.

After enduring the chilling five minutes, I made my way to the comments section and typed, 'Amazing TroyeSivan.' No emojis, just that. Bare and exposed. I couldn't predict the fandoms reaction, but I didn't really care. It wasn't to cause an uproar; it was a compliment for one of my best friends, because he deserved it. He needed it. From what I had witnessed, I knew that boy was broken and I intended to piece him back together. I just hoped that it was possible. Nothing would be able to replace this boy and I never wanted him out of my life.

Troye's POV

I awoke the morning after posting my music video to find my phone had blown up with notifications. Checking my YouTube account, I noticed that Tyler had commented on it. Blushing hard when I read the compliment, I replied with a quick, 'Thank you.' Making my way downstairs, the smell of Nutella pancakes wafted in the air and I found Tyde sat at the table eating whilst Isabelle was preparing the pancakes. I took a seat next to Tyde and thanked Isabelle as she placed a plate of food in front of me. Finishing the plate, I placed it in the sink and made my way upstairs. I spent literally the rest of the weekend on Tumblr, taking occasional breaks to eat, sleep, urinate and to Skype Tyler.

{~-~}

I had got in from school on Friday and had a relaxing bath, having had a day off from work. Drying myself off, I changed into my onesie and opened up my laptop. I checked my emails and discovered one from EMI Australia. Weren't they that huge record label that 5 Seconds of Summer were signed to? I carefully opened the email and read it cautiously.

Mr Sivan,

We are writing to you in regards to your music video for 'The Fault in Our Stars'. We think you have a lot of potential and would like to offer you a record deal here at EMI. Please consider our offer and get back to us.

Thank you,

From everyone at EMI Australia

A record deal? This was huge! I knew I had to think about it though but I couldn't disregard it. My mum's voice was screaming at the back of my mind, telling me not to do it and how I couldn't make a living out of music. I quickly typed back a reply telling them that I needed time to decide.

EMI Australia,

I would first like to thank you for the once in a lifetime chance. I will most definitely consider signing a record deal with you but please know I will need time to weigh out my options.

Thank you so much,

Troye Sivan

This could be the start of my dream. I could give Tyde and Isabelle what they wanted rather than what they needed. We wouldn't have to scrape by to survive anymore! I rushed upstairs to the living room, finding the twins cuddled up on the sofa and jumped next to them, startling them.

"Troye!" Isabelle groaned, hitting me in the chest. I laugh and poked her in the side. She, like myself, was extremely ticklish, and so leaped out of her skin at the contact.

"Stop it, Tokky!" She squealed, trying to fend me off.

"What're you gonna do about it?" I grinned, showing no mercy.

"I'll make you Nutella pancakes if you stop! Please!" She pleaded.

"Okay." I replied, immediately stopping. Hey! Nutella pancakes were being brought into this; I was going to wave the white flag and surrender.

"So... You'll never guess what!" I smirked. Their attention was instantaneously on me.

"What?!" They asked simultaneously. I kept my mouth shut, keeping them in suspense for a while until they looked as if they were about to burst.

"I got an email from EMI Australia." I began. "They've offered me a record deal."

Shock hit the two of them like a brick wall from what I could tell from their facial expressions but realisation soon dawned on them. They jumped on top of me, attacking me in hugs and congratulating me.

"Troye! That's great!" Tyde told me.

"You can be a singer like you always wanted!" Isabelle beamed.

"Yeah, I can..." I whispered in disbelief. It hadn't yet occurred to me that my dreams were coming true and in that moment, I knew my mind was made up.