Chapter 7

The next few days passed by in a blur for Megan. She saw neither of Lucas or Zach even though they shared a class. She had finally gotten her car and she was so grateful to have it since it saved her from walking all over the campus. Her only major worry now was to find a job.

The weekend passed by in completing her assignments and submitting applications in various coffe shops and restaurants around the campus but getting a job was proving harder than what she had bargained for.

Monday arrived as a miracle. Not only was she appreciated for all of her assignments that she submitted but she was also able to find a small coffee shop called 'Joe' that hired her almost instantly.

Her day was going so well that Megan felt it to be surreal. But of course, all good things come to an end and so did her day. When Megan opened the door to her dorm room she immediately shut it again because she found Lucas and Summer entangled with each other sans clothes trying to get as close as possible. Her throat felt constricted and her heart pounded in her ears. This feeling was unaccountable because she couldn't point out the reason for this feeling.

She convinced herself that it was just uncomfort she felt because of the intimacy of their act. In two weeks she had seen him with two different girls. What sort of a guy was he? With this thought she cleared her throat and knocked her knuckles against the door, waited a few seconds and then entered pretending that she was just entering for the first time.

When she entered she noticed that Summer had put on a shirt and Lucas was wearing a pair of sweats.

"Meg" Summer said patting her unruly hair.

"Summer. Lucas" Megan nodded at both of them and went to her table to drop her books on it.

"Did you get a response from any of the coffee shops you had applied for?" Summer asked while stepping into her shorts.

"Yes, I got a job at this small coffee shop just around ten minutes from campus" Megan said happily while Summer hugged her.

"I will be leaving now" Lucas said to Summer after he had dressed fully and left.

"Bye Luke" Summer said and sighed dreamily.

"What were you thinking, Summer?" Megan asked as soon as Lucas was out of earshot.

"He is a god in bed. Why shouldn't I have fun with him? What do you have against him?"

"Nothing. I have nothing against him. I just don't think he is good for you. He is so rude and, I don't know, inhumane" Megan said and Summer laughed.

"I am not marrying him, Meg. We are just having fun. We like each other's company. These things happen in college. It's fine, babe" Summer said and Megan sighed but nodded.

"What's up with Zach?" Summer asked.

"I don't know. I haven't met him since that incident in his room" Megan replied and blushed instantly thinking about what had happened.

"You mean your insanely hot make out session with him?" Summer said wiggling her eyebrows.

"Shut up, Summer" Megan said and buried her head in her palms and Summer laughed

"How are you a virgin, anyway?"

"I never had a boyfriend. I was so engrossed with my studies and taking care of my mother and sister that I never got time for all this."

"Why were you taking care of them?" Summer asked curiously.

Megan shook her head. She didn't like talking about that.

"Don't want to tell me?" Summer asked.

"Not exactly. I am sorry" Megan said and Summer nodded.

"I understand" Summer said and hugged her friend again.

**********

"Why have you been ignoring her? I thought you liked her" Lucas asked Zach.

"The time you spend talking about her makes me wonder if you do" Zach said and chuckled.

"Don't change the topic. Tell me" Lucas couldn't understand why he was so interested in her life. She was a stranger.

"I don't know what she expects of me. I don't want her to think I am a pig"

"Talk to her once and you will know what she wants from you"

"You think so?"

"I do. Just talk to her once. Summer keeps me updated about this and I will go crazy if I hear about it again"

"I knew there was some selfish reason behind this" Zach said and chuckled.

"How much longer are you with her roommate?" Zach asked further.

"A few more days. She is understanding about this and is not one of those girls who want to 'fix' my ways or want to know why I am the way I am" Lucas said and Zach nodded.

"I talked to Aaron today" Zach said casually and Lucas looked at him so fast that he may have sprained his neck.

"What? Why?"

"Nothing. We are just paired for this stupid project in this class that you missed. I don't even know why we are in the same class. Isn't he a Math major?"

"I don't know what his major is"

"You never told me what your issue with him is"

"I know but I don't want to" Lucas said and Zach nodded solemnly. Zach wanted Lucas to trust him as much as Zach did Lucas.

"I will go call her now" Zach said and dialed Megan's number. She picked up on the third ring.

"Zach" she breathed.

"Megan. How are you?" Zach said calmly. He walked out of the room to get some privacy from Lucas who had been listening intently.

"I am good. You have been skipping classes, I noticed"

"Damn, you did? That was the intention"

"What was? To make me notice? I do that nonetheless" Megan said and Zach let out a low whistle. He liked her but he wasn't ready for anything serious.

"You are on roll today, babe" Zach said and Megan laughed.

"Why did you call, anyway?"

"Don't want to talk to me?"

"No, that's not it. I was just asking"

"I know. I am just teasing you. I called you to ask if you wanted to come with me for dinner?"

"Like a date?"

"Like a date."

"Okay. When will this date be, then?"

"Does Friday work for you?"

"It is perfect for me"

"That's great, babe. We will discuss the details later. Okay?"

"Okay. Bye Zach"

"Bye Megan. Good night, beautiful"

"Good night. I will see you tomorrow"

"Yes, of course"

Both of them hung up together. Megan went to bed directly while Zach went to Tanya's apartment.

                   **********

I am sorry for the late update but I had a lot of work to complete. How is it going?

Comment, vote and share.

Love,
Adrianna <3