Yunhyeong: Masquerade

"Are you sure about this?" you looked at your bestfriend through the mirror as she laced the dress behind you.

"Yep!" she smiled and stepped back to admire the dress, or you.. but most probably the dress. "Don't worry, it's my treat, and I made sure that the food will be delicous."

Your bestfriend was that perfect ideal girl student council president. Of course, every great person needs a trusty side-kick, and you fill that position for her. You're the one ignored as a shadow, but you never really cared. People only care enough to judge.

"Really?" you asked, your mood getting bright. "Is there pasta?!"

"Gosh, you've never changed." she laughed. "But of course, there is. I was thinking of you the whole time I was picking the menu."

"You know, it's unfair to use my favorite food as a dowry. I cannot refuse my beloved pastas.." you put your hand over your chest and feigned a cry.

"That's exactly how bribing works." she laughed then spat a tongue out. "Plus, it's our last year in high school. You need atleast one thing to remember."

"I tripped on a banana peel in the middle of the hallway." you blankly said, squinting at her. "And I thought that just happened on cartoons." she stiffled a laugh and bit her lip.

"Or two... I mean a good thing to remember."

"Oh, please. One, I don't have a date. Two, it's not as if Yunhyeong will ever dance with me. Three, the only good thing there would be you you and the food. It's so sad I can't marry either of you." you shook your head dramatically. When you looked at her, she was staring blankly at you. "I'm not a lesbian!" you put your hands up and shook yoir head aggressively. "I mean, if there's only a male version of you lol"

"I know." she shook her head and grinned widely. She flicked a stray hair from your face then pulled on your hand. "Let's go! I'm so excited!" she cheered.

It was 10 in the evening when you both arrived at the school. The hall was already full with students wearing masks. You remembered it was a masquerade themed prom (as chosen by the wonderful student council president), so you quickly put on your mask.

You both sat at the assigned table, but no one else seemed to be sharing the tabke with you two. Her boyfriend tugged your bestfriend for a stroll, so you were left alone watching as the students started gathering around for the start of the dance.

"Pity me." you huffed then slumped on your chair.

Just then, a dark figure appeared in front of you. Starting from the feet, you scanned the man. You stared, gaping at his masked face. One thing was for sure, that even with a mask, the man was enchanting enough to make your heart pound.

"Hi" the man spoke, then smiled. He had this familiar deep voice that almost made you fall off your seat.