Donghyuk: Oil and Water

Stay away from Donghyuk-oppa, you good-for-nothing b***h

Those words have been bothering you ever since the school-blonde-bully cornered you this morning. You've had feelings for Donghyuk, yes. Well, who could resist the charm of an angel? He was basically the ideal boy anyone could have.

✔ brains
✔ brawns
✔ singing
✔ dancing
✔ looks
✔ attittude
✔ charm

You sighed heavily as your mind raced with thoughts. Somehow, you knew she was right. You were a good-for-nothing. You were poor, ugly and basically a nerd. Donghyuk was just too good for you.

"왜 또?" (What's wrong?) Donghyuk suddenly asked from beside you. Speaking of.

"Nothing" you shook your head and smiled, still looking at the floor.

"I'm not buying it.." he nudged.

"I told you, it's nothing." it pained to look at him while faking a smile, but he's not stopping until he's convinced.

"You sure?" Donghyuk stopped in his tracks and held your shoulders.

"Never better." you said, the words coming out uncertain rather than cheerful.

"Nope. You're not." he held your hand and started walking again.

"Hey.." you said, retrieving your hand. "Believe me." I'm no good for you.

"I want to, but I don't. Just come with me, okay?" Donghyuk sighed, then smiled reassuringly at you.

You let him drag you to wherever it was he was taking you. This will be the last time, anyway.

"Okay, tell me what's wrong."

Donghyuk brought you to the unused photography room of the second building. Even through the dark, he was as handsome as ever.

"I told you, Donghyuk. Nothing's wrong." you said, forcing another smile.

"Look, I know something's bugging you." he sat beside you. "Please tell me."

"Okay." you sighed. Last time, you reminded yourself. "I like you, Donghyuk"

"Really?!" Donghyuk cheered. "I mean, if you do, then why aren't you happy? You know I liked you from the start." he rested his head on your shoulders.

You remembered his confession. How could you forget? It was the first time you ever felt special. He said it, blushing madly, last New Year at your backyard. But then this wasn't really the time to feel all giddy again.

"You're just confused, Dong. Maybe you just pity me that you're saying you like me. I understand.." tears were brimming at the corners of your eyes already.

"What? No! You know how I feel, ______. Don't I show it enough?" he sat straight and looked at you intently.

"We're oil and water.. we'll never mix. There's someone out there who can blend well with you.. just not me." you said, starting to sob.

"Stop crying ______-ah.." Donghyuk swung an arm around you and held you tightly. "Even if we can't mix, that doesn't mean we can't be together, right? I'm here with you, and that's all that matters.

You're all that matter."