Jinhwan: Tree House

Jinhwan asked you to come to the tree house, in the middle of the night, non-stop calling your phone until you woke up from your sweet slumber.

*flashback*

"H-hey.. uh-" Jinhwan coughed. "Would- pffft- do you- ugh-"

"Listen, Kim Jinhwan. It's the middle of the night and I'm in the middle of my sleep. Why are you calling me this late?" you demanded, still groggy.

"Ugh, okay. Here goes.. I---" he paused for about 5 seconds. "Ugh no." Wtf.

"Are you kidding me?"

"What if I am?"

"Pfft. Kim Jinhwan, I'm telling you--"

"No, no. I'm kidding, of course! Like, oh Jinhwan you're so silly!" Jinhwan teased, saying the last line in a high-pitched tone.

"Seriously." you said, starting to get annoyed. He bursted out laughing, so you had to put your phone away fron your ear.

"No. I'm sorry." he stopped laughing. "Just- just go to the tree house tomorrow morning."

"Whatever you say." you said, uninterested.

"Hey! I'm serious."

"Okay, okay. I'm going! You happy?"

"Swear it on the River of Styx." you stared dumbfounded at your phone, like Jinhwan could actually see you.

"Seriously, are you high?"

"Swear it!" he insisted.

"I swear it on the River of Styx. Can I sleep now?"

"Yeah, okay. Sleep tight."

*end*

The tree house has been there for as long as you've been bestfriends. Your dad built it when you were kids, and you've hung out in there ever since. It has boxes of old stuff, loads of pillows, blankets, cooler, and even a TV. Quite a big tree house, yes.

You climbed up the steps as you smiled to yourself, remembering all the memories you've had here. Jinhwan was already there, seated on a pile of pillows while reciting what seemed like a chant, to himself.

"Boo." you said in his ear, startling him completely that he threw whatever that hard thing he grabbed straight onto your face. Turns out it was a remote.

"______?" Jinhwan asked innocently.

"No, just some passerby. Pfft. Who else?" you chuckled as you sat beside him. "So what's up?"

"I just want to talk.." he adjusted uncomfortably as a bead of sweat rolled down his face.

"You ask me in the middle of the night to come here-- just to talk."

"You're making this hard for me!"

"Me? I--" you sighed. "Fine. Go on."

"So, I like this girl--"

"Mount of Olympus! Aww. My baby is all grown up! What's she like?"

"Uhm.. She's two years younger than me. She's stupid.." he chuckled. "But I don't know.. I seem to like her the more I see her flaws." Jinhwan's cheeks flared after saying the last sentence.

"Oh Gods! You're totally in love!" you cheered as you hugged him.

"But do you think she'll like me back?" Jinhwan asked, a hint of sadness in his eyes.

"Come on! Who can resist you? Even I can't! Sooo who is she?"

"The only one I've shared this tree house with." Wait what? No one else has been up here but us!

"Wait.. oh.. you mean-- oh." the realization struck you. You looked up at him in shock.

"I like her a lot." Jinhwan met your eyes and smiled. "Do you think she likes me back?"

"I-- oh-- she does." you blushed madly as you smiled back.