Chapter Twenty

Niall's POV

I swear I wasn't jealous.

I wasn't jealous that this pretty girl his hugging my fiancé. I was not jealous!

Okay, maybe a little bit. Just a little.

My heart clenched as I saw Liam smile brightly and wrap his arms around her waist. Just like he does me. I'm supposed to be the one making him smile like that, not some nurse.

"How have you been?! I haven't seen you in like, forever!" Sophia stressed, pulling back to bat her mascara-covered eyelashes.

Ha! Jokes on her, Liam doesn't like girls who wear makeup. The thought made a small smile on my face. I don't really know why I was worried. I know Liam would never cheat on me. He's way to nice.

"I'm good. I just had twins and recently got engaged." I saw Sophia's smile falter a little but she quickly regained her composure. 

"That's great! Who's the lucky lady?" She winked.

Liam chuckled. "He is sitting right behind us." he pointed at me. Sophia turned and a look of disgust crossed her features.

I gulped. Uh oh. Not this again. 

****

Sophia left after what seemed like hours. I found out she was Liam's childhood best friend but when she turned 13 her and her family moved and they somehow lost all contact.

  (A/N: I have no idea if this is true of not, I'm just going to guess.)

I noticed Sophia kept trying to flirt with Liam. Right in front of me!  I mean how freaking does that? She didn't even give me a second glance.  Not that it mattered to me, its just that look she gave me when Liam introduced us.

I think I need to calm down. I really need to calm down.

"What's wrong, babe?" Liam asked, burping Blake. 

"Nothing. Just thinking." I shrugged. It wasn't exactly a lie, I just didn't tell him what I was thinking about.

"About?" Liam prompted, glancing at me with a raised eye brow.

I looked away and watched my little princess gulping down her bottleof formula. It was a mice distraction. 

"Just about how happy I am." Lie. I mean, I was happy, but that's not what I was thinking about at that moment.

   Liam smiled and turned his attemtion to Blake again. "So, what do you think of Sophia?"

   My stomach twisted. "She seems all right. I didn't really talk to her." I shrugged, wiping some formula that had seeped out of Brielle's mouth.

"Yeah, I was meaning to talk to you about that. Why were you being so quiet? You are always happy to talk to new people." I could practically hear his frown of confusion.

   "She didn't sound like she wanted to talk to me. So I didn't put the effort to talk to her." I answered, a little bit of a bite to my tone. 

"What are you talking about? She was always trying to get you to join in the conversation," Liam defended. Wait, why the hell was he defending her? Shouldn't he defend me? His fiancé?

"Yeah, when she wasn't flirting with you,"  I muttered under my breath, patting Bri's back gently.

"Excuse me?" Liam questioned but it didn't sound impolite. 

"Nothing." I brushed it off as if it was nothing. But it certainly was something. There was soemthing about her that I couldn't quite wrap my finger around.