Chapter Five

Niall's POV

I woke up to the sun shining and the cute little birds chirping. I smiled brightly but it vanished as quickly as it appeared. I remembered what happened last night.

The name calling, Liam holding me while I'm crying. It all hit me like a ton of bricks. I didn't even announce we were engaged!

I looked over at a peacefully sleeping Liam and smiled slightly. He was adorable! I felt kind of guilty about waking him up. I sighed by shook his arm nonetheless.

"Liam, babe. It's time to get up love, " I murmured gently. Liam groaned and buried his head in the pillow.

I giggled and tried again. "Love, come on, it's time to get up."

All I got was a light smack to the arm and a " Five more minutes."

I grinned evily. "Liam, if you don't get up right now, I won't give you anymore kisses." I smirked. Liam's eyes shot open and he almost rolled off the bed.

"No! Don't take away your kisses! I love you!" Li begged. I burst out laughing.

"Oh, don't worry . I was just joking." I laughed and sprinted our of the room before he could do something. I walked into the kitchen where Greg,Dad and, ugh! Sarah. I smiled genuinely at my brother and dad but smiled fakely at her.

"Morning! " I greeted cheerily. I got a chours of 'good morning's. I got a plate of scrambled eggs, bacon, and toast with some orange juice before settling down at the table. I munched happily and was vaguely aware of Liam walking in and grabbing a plate as well.

Soon after I began eating, dad excused himself, claiming he had some work to catch up on. I nodded and ate again. Greg then left saying something about going to visit his girlfriend.

(A/N: I know Greg and his wife are already married, just please go with it :))

Sarah stood up, grabbing her plate in the process. "I don't have anywhere to go. I just don't want to be near some fags, " She sneered harshly.

I flinched slightly but Liam placed a comforting hand on mine. I relaxed, but noticed he was giving a cold glare at Sarah's retreating figure.

"Hey, Ni, don't let her get to you. Did you tell your dad?" He asked, taking another bite.

I shook my head slightly. "No. I didn't have a chance."

Liam nodded in understanding. "Then let's finish here, then go tell him." I just nodded in agreement and continued eating.

During the time we were finishing our meal, there was little talk. I think it's because we were nervous. Well, I was. My dad has the first chance of happiness and I have to tell him she is a homophobe.

I sighed as I grabbed my plate and walked to the kitchen, to the sink. I grabbed a yellow spong and squirted dish soap on it. I rubbed it to spread the soap. When that was handled I began smearing the soapy foam all over the plate and fork.

As I was washing, Liam came up from behind me so he could wash his dishes as well. I breathed out as I leaned back onto his chest.

We dried our hands with a towel and made our way towards the stairs. I glanced nervously at my love.

Liam must have caught my gaze because he smiled gently and pulled me into his comforting arms. I immediately wrapped my arms around his neck. I pressed a light kiss to it.

"Its okay, love," He cooed. I smiled, pressing a quick kiss to his cheek. I grabbed his hand and laced our fingers together. I pulled him to the staircase and led him up to my Dad's study.

I knocked tentatively and waited for an okay. "Come in!" my dad's Irish accent rang out.

I placed a shaking hand in the gold doorknob and twisted. We walked in and my dad smiled warmly. I returned it weakly.

Dad immediately frowned as he took in our expressions. "What's wrong, son?" I took a deep breath.

I cleared my throat. "It's, um, about  Sarah," I mumbled.

Dad looked worried."What's wrong? Did she get into an accident?" He asked frantically.

"No. No nothing like that. Is just. l-last night when you and um  Greg went inside, she called me and Liam." I pushed back the tears that eere threathening to spill over. Liams thumb ran hands over the top over my hand in a calming manner. " She called us fags and queers. Saying we could have got along great if we weren't disgusting," I whispered weakly.

Dad's worried expression changed from worried to confused to hurt and finally settled on anger. I gulped.

"Niall, fuck. I know you don't like when I date but God dammit. Get over yourself. Making up horrible stories like that?" He all but snarled. I flinched and felt tears trickle down my cheeks.

He thought I was lying.

Dad went on. "Sarah would never do anything like that. And she wouldn't make up such a ridiculous lie. She's perfect. Unlike you." That fucking hurt. I nodded meekly.

Dad pointed to the door. "Now, please leave. I don't think I can look at you right now," he seethed. I sobbed but stood up. I pulled Liam to the door and I turned around to look at the floor.

"I'm sorry Dad. I love you." and with that I left with tears running down my face.

****

Sorry! It has to happen! #sorrynotsorry

So thank you for reading! I honestly didn't think my writing was good. So, thanks again! ♡

Vote, fan, and comment!

Xoxo Erin

Edited: 12/7/14