Chapter 6- My Journey Begins

Start from the beginning

The crew was doing their own thing now, which left me to enjoy the crisp air and wonderful sun. Looking down at my sketchbook I smiled. Pulling a pencil form my pocket, I always kept one handy, I turned to a new page.

There, I drew a quick outline of the strawhats standing on the deck. Once the outline was established, I started going over each of the pirates individually adding in details. I wanted to get this page finished soon though, since I also wanted to add in a picture of the town's good bye.

"Oi, Katsu!" Jumping slightly, I looked up from my sketchbook. Luffy stood behind me, yet he had yelled like I wouldn't hear him.

"Yes Luffy?" I asked calmly, placing my pencil in the book before closing it.

"I I figured you would want to officially meet everyone." He laughed, a big grin on his face. Everyone had gathered on the deck, and it appeared Sanji had brought some alcohol and food.

"I'm the captain!" Luffy grinned, as if I didn't already know. "Nami's the navigator." She rolled her eyes at Luffy but smiled at me. "Zoro's the first mate. Usopp is our sniper."

I raised an eyebrow at Usopp. It surprised me that he could do something other than lie. Unless, of course, he hand managed to lie his way into being a grew sniping king. That thought didn't surprise me, as I realized Luffy would probably believe it.

"Chopper is the doctor. Oh, Sanji's our cook! He makes really good food!" To that the curly browed man smiled at me. "Frankie is our shipwright. And Robin is our archeologist." Luffy finished.

I smiled at the crew. "It's nice to 'officially' meet all of you."

"Question." Luffy cut in. "Can you play an instrument? Are you a musician?"

I couldn't help the laugh that bubbled out of me. There was absolutely no chance of me being a musician. Many people claimed my voice could be a weapon, as it typically made people's ears bleed. "No, sorry Luffy."

He pouted before shrugging. "Oh well. You'll be our artist then."

I blinked, "Artist? Are you sure? I mean, I don't really think that's useful, nor am I actually that good." My drawing were really just a way for me to make sure I remembered everything in full detail. Though, there was the nagging at the back of my mind reminding of my dream to draw the world.

Sanji handed me a glass of alcohol. "Don't belittle your artwork, Katsu-chan." His eyes, I realized, were replaced by hearts.

I blinked, but I wasn't able to say anything as Franky grinned while posing. "Yeah! Your pictures are SUPER!"

That brought a giggle out of me. Nami nodded, holding her glass closer to herself. "It's true. Also, by you being our artist it's like you'll be able to make a picture book of our adventures."

"A picture book, huh?" I muttered. The only reason I had started drawing wasn't because I found I really enjoyed it, though I did, it was because of a fear I had of losing my memories again. "That sounds wonderful!"

"Yosh!" Luffy grinned, "Katsu, what's your dream?"

"To draw the world!" I answered without thinking, a grin forming on my face.

Luffy raised his glass, everyone following with a grin. "Welcome to our crew! Campai!"

Throwing my arm in the air as well, I closed my eyes and grinned. I think I was going to like being a straw hat pirate.

.............................

Our celebration had started off easy enough. Then it managed to escelate into a drinking competition. At least,  it turned into a competition between Zoro, Nami, and I.