Nightmares

Jayce and I walk into the coffee shop hand in hand, each of us with a book in the other hand, just like we do ever Saturday. It is quiet and peaceful and perfect for reading. The old lady loves us and loves Jayce even more than Drake which I agree with.

Jayce and I have been together for two months now and it has been the best two months of my life other than a couple things. It honestly doesn't feel like it has even been two months.

He asked me to be his girlfriends after our third date, which we did in a week. It is hard when we weren't going to the same school but now it is summer and we can spend every moment of everyday with each other.

There are a couple things that make my life not so perfect though. First of all, I've started having nightmares about Drake. Stupid things but ones that hit home and cause me to be really sad when I go wake up. Luckily, I stay with Jayce most nights. He graduated this year and his parents bought his an apartment as a gift.

I've basically moved in there. Majority of my clothes are there along with my makeup and bathing supplies. My parents won't let me say that I've officially moved out until I graduate though. I hope they let me move in with him during school though.

He isn't going to college yet because his dad got him a good job at his company that pay really well.

"Babe?" Jayce asks from beside me. I didn't even realize that we were at the front of the line and the cashier was waiting for my order. I quickly told her and she scribbled it down on a notepad. Jayce pulled out his wallet and handed her the cash.

I felt bad for him always paying for everything but he won't let me even though I have more money saved up then I know what to do with.

They call Jayce's name and we grab our coffee before making out way to our normal and start reading our own books. Right now I am reading a book a called 'The Way I Used To Be' and Jayce is reading 'Great Expectation'.

He really loves Charles Dickens.

The bell over the door rings and we both look up from instinct. My heart drops out of my chest when I see him. Not only him though. Her. The one who tried to ruin everything. The one he said he would never be with.

That little bitch.

They didn't see us and Jayce quickly started packing up. He knew everything and he knows about the nightmares that I have. He knew that I needed to get out of there as soon as possible.

We rushed towards the door when I hear my name being called. I looked over and I saw Drake with his arm slinked over Taylors shoulder. I put on my best fake smile and walked towards them.

"Hi. How have you been?" I asked both of them kindly. I felt Jayce's protective hands rest on my hips and pull me closer to him. I relaxed at his touch but he wasn't relaxing. He is about as relaxed as a rock.

"I've been great ever since Taylor came back," Drake sent a wicked smile my way before leaning down and kissing her right in front of me. I know I should be over him by now, but you never forget your first love.

"Right, okay. I'm going to go," I say quietly before grabbing Jayce's hand and leading him toward the door.

"I never thought you'd date him, after everything he said," Drake called out. I stopped in my tracks but didn't turn around.

"I never thought you'd lie, but I guess you never really know someone," I call out before walking out.

Jayce pulled me to the side and quickly attached his lips to mine in a slow and passionate kiss. I pull my hand in his shirt to pull his impossibly closer but he pulled away. I groaned and he let out a loud laugh.

"Baby, don't do that. You know what you do to me," he says lowly in my ear before pushing his crotch close to mine, "Let's go back to my place, yeah?"

"Please," I beg.