Already Forgotten

After all of the chaos at lunch, all of the guys went separate ways. Everyone but me, Drake, and Steven were confused on what happened and why everyone ran away. I would've stayed around to explain it to them, but that would mean that they would know about Drake and they would know about Steven which is what I don't want.

Drake was walking beside me back towards my locker and he was trying to hold an interesting conversation to get my mind off of everything that was just said to me. It was a sweet gesture but my head is so full of words that I can't unscramble and make sense of let alone add a conversation to it.

Once we reached my locker, Drake had become quite and he awkwardly shifted from one leg to another. I could tell that he wanted to say something and his lips were trying to form the right ones, but they wouldn't let him speak any.

"What's wrong?" I sighed. I put in my combination and pulled on the weird little latch thing and it swung open, exposing my extremely messy and disorganized locker.

"Nothing. Absolutely nothing is wrong. Just want I said about earlier. The whole 'I don't think I can lose you' thing. I just want to apologize I guess."

And the word finally find the train out of his mouth. I knew why he apologizing, but that didn't stop me from asking why anyways.

"What are you apologizing for?" I asked, trying to act stupid. I was a blonde therefore it couldn't be that hard.

"Just, I don't know honestly," he nervously chuckled. "I don't want you to get the wrong impression, Riles. I like you, or at least I think I like you but I've never really been in an actual relationship that I didn't end up cheating in. I don't want to hurt you, that's all and me saying that made me sound like I was getting attached, which I'm not. Trust me, I won't-"I cut him off.

"Don't worry about it. I've already forgotten. Oh and Saylor told me that she wants to hang out with you this weekend. She told me to tell you to call her," I said in an annoyed tone.

I moved my hand around and slammed my locker shut before pushing Drake out of the way. I didn't want to see him right now. I knew the kind of guy he was, or I guess still is but was hoping that he had changed.

Sadly, when you got to school with someone it can be hard to avoid them and that is the current situation right now. Both Drake and Steven are in my next class (which is history for all of you curious people) and we all sit in the same corner. We got to choose where our assigned seats were at the beginning of the year and at that time, we were all friends. Next time I'm think about the future and not just the fact that I want to sit by my friends.

When I walked into the room, I saw that they were both already there but they weren't talking to each other. Steven was slouching in his chair with broad arms resting across his chest. His eyes had so many emotions in them. He looks sad but angry and also a little disappointed.

Meanwhile Drake was turned to the side talking to a pretty brunette with warm chocolate eyes. I could tell that he was flirting by the small side smile that he was wearing.

A flame a jealously erupted in me but I knew that I just had to let it burn. I told him that I forgot about it and I even told him that another girl liked him. He has every right in the book to be flirting with other girls. It's not like we or even were in a relationship.

You wish that you were.

Shut up.

The bell rang and the teacher called all of our attention to the front of the room. I awkwardly sat in-between the two boys and set my bag down on the table. The teacher told us that we would just be doing book work today and that you could do it in partners if you wanted to.

Once he released the classes attention, it erupted in noise. Steven stood up and walked to the opposite side of the room where Kimberly was sat. Not only did I have two guys who I have liked in this class but also the girl who just called me out in front of the whole lunch room and caused all of the drama that just happened.

I heard Drakes chair scape across the floor but not towards me, away from me. He was sitting next to the girls he was flirting with before and she was flushed with a pink color. I believe her name is Nina.

It took everything inside me not to steal him back and make him work with me but instead I put in my apple headphones and turned on my music. Paramore's 'Brick by Boring Brick' rang through the speakers, cancelling out all of the other noise.

I had completely finished my assignment by the time the bell rang but I didn't retain any of the information. The only think my mind could focus on was the fact that both Steven and Drake wanted to work with me. That is the first time that has ever happened. Not to mention the fact that Steven went to Kimberly before he would come to me.

Luckily that was the last class of the day and now I could go home. I already had all of my belonging so I went straight out to the parking lot and found my jeep in the same place I parked it that morning. I had to interest in talking to anyone about anything because most likely they would end up embarrassing me or getting mad at me.

My drive home was silent but it felt nice.

This is a rewritten chapter!! Sorry for any confusing. Btw: one of you have voted for every single chapter (you know who you are) and I just wanted to say I love you so so much. You are the reason I rewrote this chapter.