Act Innocent

I haven't talked to Drake or Blake in a week. Blake completely avoids all of us and Drake just stares at me. I don't think he knows that I can see him looking, but I can. Something is off about him or maybe with me. In all reality he is acting like he always does but something feels different.

Maybe I'm just taking this way too far which is most likely the case but I know these guys inside out and upside down. I know when something is up.

Once more, the science room is empty. I'm always the very first one in here because my locker is right outside the door. I take my normal seat at the back of the classroom and open my backpack, collecting all of my supplies.

As the five minutes go by, the room begins filling up little by little until the one minute warning bell rings and everyone floods in.

My concentration is on the paper in front of me when I feel the familiar vibe beside me. I move my head slightly to see who it is. Surprise, surprise it's Drake. Sadly we have science together and he has a tendicenty to make things very hard to concentrate.

"I'm pretty sure your assigned seat is over there," I say as I point my finger across the room.

"That, beautiful, was until I convinced the teacher to let me switch seat with Miles. She believes it will benefit me to sit next to a smart kid. She basically called me stupid," his deep voice explained as he also pulled out his binder and a random pencil.

We sat there in silence while the teacher, a substitute today, explained our tasks. It was pretty simple actually. She gave us an assignment on bright blue paper and we worked out of the book.

While I was looking over the paper, I felt a large hand make its way onto my knee. My head snapped up to Drakes smirking gaze.

"May I help you?" I asked with a little more sass than I intended.

"I mean, if you're offering," a smirk writes itself across his lips. His finger lightly squeezed my leg. Without any control of my actions, a high pitched squeal escaped my mouth. He muffled back a chuckle as the teacher made her way over to us.

"What is your name?" she asked, her voice sending nails through my skull.

"Riley," I said shyly.

She simply nodded her head before walking back behind the desk. I don't even know her name, I just know that she is annoying as hell. And it gets even better, because I can still feel Drake staring at me.

I tried my best to ignore it by opening my science text book and flipping to the page number written at the top of the page.

The first answer was easy. Radioactive decay. Same with the second answer. Geologic time scale.

My teacher wanted me to take the AP class but I really wasn't up for that commitment to homework. Don't get me wrong, I would love to learn the things that they are learning right now but I also see how Kimberly comes to school every day with bags under her eyes.

It's pure torture. Especially since we are only in tenth grade.

Without the slightest warning, a pencil was quickly jabbed into my side.

"Drake! What is your deal? Just leave me alone!" I whisper yell so that sub doesn't come yell at me again.

"You won't talk to me. I just want to talk," he said, trying to act innocent by placing one hand under his chin and play a small smile over his lips. That smile didn't last long before it formed into a smirk though.

I just looked back down and continued on my assignment. I got three question from being done before Drake started playing with my blonde curls.

"Please just leave me alone," I whined.

"Why would I do that, love?" he asked me getting closer to my ear. I closed my eyes and sucked in a deep breath. His voice dropped lower with every sentence and I knew what he was trying to do. I'm not falling into his trap. I'm too smart for him.

"Please." The statement was supposed to be confident and independent, but came out shaky and covered. Almost in a whisper.

"What was that?" I wasn't even looking at him and I could feel his smirk.

I couldn't take it anymore, I grabbed my book and went to the lab table behind us.

I know understood why it is was so hard for those other girls. He has this factor about him. I can't quite but my finger on it, but his words and his voice could make you fall alone. Luckily I have more on him. Now I know what he will do and how he will do it.

There was about five more minutes before the bell rang, dismissing class to lunch. Which sadly, I will still be with Drake.

The line to get my usual lunch, a salad and chocolate muffin, was exceptionally short today. So short that I walked straight up to the cashier and paid.

When I reached our usual table, I saw everyone except Drake which gave me a weird sense of hope that maybe he wasn't going to be sitting with us.

I decided to be cautious and ask.

"Um, where is Drake?" I asked.

All of the boys had food shoved in their mouths. Some mutter an 'I don't know' while other just shrugged their shoulders. I sighed and sat down in between Steven and our other friend Matt.

To say that Matt and I have a good relationship would be an overstatement. We have a very mutual hate for each other. From day one, we haven't gotten along. We think a lot alike but that just leads us farther and farther from getting along. He likes to make fun of me and tease me.

He is another one of the guys that flirts a lot and tends to end up with a lot of girls following after him. Not as bad as Drake but he is climbing up that ladder. He is the tallest of all the guys, a little more awkward shaped. Dark hair that is lightly quiffed at the front. To add to it all, brown eyes that will make a girl go weak in the knees.

Well, maybe other girls.

I was almost completely done devouring my delicious muffin when the devil himself walked up to the table.

"Move it," he told Matt. Just when I thought maybe for once, Matt's laziness would work in my favor I was wrong. Very wrong. He flashed me an ungrateful smile and slide over to the next seat.

Drake sat down next to me and I felt Steven nudge me with his elbow.

"You're his new fuck buddy?" he mouthed to me. I shook my head to fast I could've passed out.

Actually, maybe I should have.

I decide that my best chance is to not make eye contact with him so I continue eating my salad in silence and listen to Matt and Blake talk.

Yes, Blake made up with all the other guys but he is laying on thin ice. We don't talk though. I ignore him and he ignores me. It is awkward but it works.

"Do it," Blake urged Matt.

"Penis," Matt moaned quietly.

"Penis," Blake moaned louder.

"Penis!"

"PENIS!"

I couldn't hold it in any longer. I burst out laughing but cover my mouth because I still have food in my mouth.

Drakes arm slides smoothly around my waist as he laughs too.

I felt a twinge in my stomach. Maybe I should do something but for some reason, I don't want to.

Hope you enjoyed.