Change It

"You've got to be kidding me," a cold and all too familiar voice rings through the phone.

My breath catches in my throat and I lose all ability to speak. Out of everyone I expected to be calling him, she isn't one of them.

I want to trust Drake, I really do, but how can I when she is the one calling him. All she does is come into our lives and try to destroy everything that brings us happiness. She is obviously calling him for a reason, and she obviously didn't expect me to answer the phone.

Has he been sneaking around with her behind me back? I know that we aren't technically in a relationship, but he treats me like we are in one. It would still feel like cheating to me.

"Who are you?" I tried to sound confident and sure, but it came out weak and disappointed. Almost as if I was tired.

"You know exactly who I am whore," her voice was mean and hostile. I sucked in a sharp breath and pushed Drake off me. My mind was telling me to hang up but I didn't want to. I want to know why she is calling. I know that as much as I hate it, she will tell me the harsh truth. Whether I want to hear it or not.

Drake is now standing next to me with a concerned look on his face. By the way he is looking at me, I don't think that he knew that she was going to call him. Maybe she was trying to piss him off, but when I answered, it just pissed her off.

"I do, but I don't understand why you are calling Drake," I told her confidently. Or as confident as I could.

He kept mouthing 'Who is it?' to me but I never responded. She scoffed and laughed loudly.

"Look, bitch, you can't give Drake what he wants or needs. I know what he needs and what he needs and you are incapable of giving it," she told me. It almost sounded rehearsed with the way it rolled off her tongue.

"You don't know that," I seethed. She was making me mad by saying that I didn't know what he needs. I've known her longer than she could dream of.

"Oh, but I do. The amount of blow jobs and hand jobs I've given him. Only I know what makes him break. You may be a little slut, but you don't know anything about Drake. Maybe you should go sleep with his best friends again," she snapped. Tears were brimming at the rims of my eyes. I try to stay away from Drakes past, because I know that it isn't something that I want to know about.

It scares me, because I'll never be them.

"How do you even know about that?" I whispered harshly into the phone, knocking away the hand that Drake had set on my shoulder.

"Word spreads fast. Apparently you're good, but I'll be amazing. You'll never beat me," she told me. Her words cut into my skin, one after another. Each word either pushed it further in, or twisting the knife.

"Shut up," I told her, one tear escaping from my eye. "I'm better than you'll ever be. I mean more to him than you ever will."

In the corner of my eye, I see Drake take several steps back. I think he finally figured who I am talking to and he doesn't look happy about it.

"Please, you're just his slut of the week. Once he's bored, you'll be out the door and on the curb as fast as the rest of us," her words spit through the speaker.

I couldn't take it anymore. I hung up the phone and dropped onto the floor with tears falling from my eyes at an unimaginable pace. I felt Drakes arms wrap around me carefully, as if he was to rough he might break me.

I pushed him away and crawled against the wall, bringing my knees into my chest.

"Baby, Riley, what happened? Please just talk to me," he pleaded me but kept his distance. I checked out another sob and bit onto my fist, trying to keep myself quiet.

"Why did Taylor call you?"

My voice came out so broken and helpless. I couldn't believe that I was letting him see me in such a broken state, but at the same time he has seen me have a panic attack before.

"I don't know, babe. Please you have to believe me. What did she say?" he moved closer to me and set a hand on my knee. I didn't turn him down this time, but I also didn't move closer.

"She said that I don't have what you need and I won't be able to give you what you want," I began crying again, "And she said that I'm you're next slut of the week. Is that true?"

He looked at me with those eyes that make most girls go weak in the knees. I want to believe that they are only set on me, but I can't anymore because I don't think that they are. He may call me baby when he is around me, but I don't know what he is doing when I'm not around.

"I want you to listen to me very carefully, okay?" he said in a serious voice, taking my face in his hands. I nodded my head and he let out a deep breath. "Taylor is a bitch. She likes to get in places where she doesn't belong. I told you a long time ago that I didn't want you know as a slut, but sadly I guess that title comes with me."

He ran a hand through his hand and sat back. "I've liked you for months and loved you for weeks. I will continue to love you for months. I don't want to go a day without seeing you. You cause these feelings that I've never felt before and honestly it scares me, but I'd never do anything to change it. I love you, Riley. I need you to believe that."

"I do believe you."

But I don't know if I actually did. I don't know if I trust him.