Dark Matter

I've texted Drake multiple times and he still won't respond. He doesn't realize what I'm going through right now, the emptiness that I've felt. He is like my second half and without him around, I don't feel fully complete.

I just want him to tell me that is he okay. He never even texted me to tell me that he got home safe, which he always does. For all I know, he could be in a ditch somewhere drinking his mind away.

He actually did that one time, and I only remember that because I was the one he called. He got in a fight with his mom, and he told her that he wished she was dead but he instantly felt bad because she used to be suicidal. So he did the only thing he knew how to do at the time. Found a bottle, and drank it to the bottom. Several times.

That night changed so much. That was when he finally let me see who he really was. We never really talked or knew each other, we were just there. But when he called me and I went to pick him up, he looked so broken.

His eyes were red and he had a deep cut on his left hand. I pretty sure he broke one of the bottles he was drinking at the time and it cut him. I had to take him to the emergency room to get stitches and he got in a lot of trouble for drinking underage, but I couldn't let him keep bleeding.

When I called him mom, she was so relieved that he was okay. I had to use his phone because I didn't have her number and she thought it was him that was calling her. She was still worried when I told her that we were at the hospital but she was beyond grateful that I could help him.

Drake has always been independent and strong, or at least he comes off that way but when his mom walked in the room that night and he burst out crying, I realized something. We are superficial. What we show on the outside is only skin deep. It doesn't show what we actually feel, or what we think.

He held onto his mother and kept whimpering the same sentence over and over. "Please don't kill yourself. I love you."

I still think about it sometimes, especially when I see him mom. She is such a sweet lady and you would never think that she used to think like that. That night brought new light to so many situations that I had never put much thought into.

For example, how I would feel if I lost my mom. I know that I would be broken, only because she is like my best friend but some people don't want to show that they care about people. Drake is a perfect example of one of these kinds of people.

I've seen Drake at his best and his worst and I think that is why I find myself gravitating towards him. He is beautiful no matter what he is doing.

I think of Drake like dark matter. In all honesty, no one knows what it is. We don't have an explanation for it but we know it exists. No one really knows why Drake is the way he is and we can't figure out why he is the way he is, but he is there. Living and breathing.

There is only one other person I know that is like this but we went our separate ways a couple years ago. I know that he will be able to help me though and maybe even help me figure out how to talk to him.

I picked up my phone off my nightstand and dialed his number. He is one number that has always stuck in my mind and I'm not really sure it is ever going to go anywhere.

"Hello?" his groggy voice rung through my mind. Memory after memory flew through my mind and I smiled to myself.

"Hey Weston. How have you been?" I asked politely.

"Cut the shit Riley. I know you better than you think. You never call unless you need something," he sounded beyond annoyed. If I was anyone else, I would be offended but I know that ever since he got into the drugs a couple years ago, he's a dick. But he is a dick with good advice nonetheless.

I took a deep breath and explained everything that had happened with Drake and Jayce. I kept out the parts about Steven and Blake only because I don't feel like it fits into the story completely.

"And now he won't talk to me at all," I finished.

The lined stayed silent for several minutes and I wonder if he hung up on me during the long explanation. I pulled my phone away from my face but he was still on the line.

"Weston?" I asked.

"Okay," he suddenly said, "Here is what you do. Nothing."

I scoff and roll my eyes at his completely ridiculous answer.

"You're no help," I say and go to hang up but he quickly retaliates.

"Wait! Do nothing, and trust me. When he sees that you aren't going to fall at him feet and wait around all day for him to come back around, he will see how much he needs you. I've done it before so I know it works. I got to go but text me and tell me how it works out," he tells me.

We say our goodbyes and I set my phone down on my table before taking several deep breathes.

I really hope that he is right about this or else I'm going to kick his ass.