"Hallucination. It's this way," Elizabeth stated as she continued to walk the other way.

"Whatever you say..." Courtney said following her.

As they got closer to the 'way up' the hallucination started to change. "Spiders!!" Courtney yelled as they took form.

"I hate spiders..." Elizabeth muttered before she continued and yelled back to Courtney, "Just keep moving and remember they're just hallucinations. They can't hurt you."

Courtney took a tentative step forward into the writhing mass. She stifled a scream as they crawled around in her shoes. Elizabeth let out a smothered scream as the room changed again. The spiders slowly disappeared but the walls started to close in.

"Let's go faster please!" Elizabeth said panic setting in fast.

"Calm down! Remember it's only a hallucination," Courtney said trying to calm her.

Elizabeth started to run towards the ladder as in her panicked state, she grew more desperate. She reached it and scrabble up as fast as she possibly could. Courtney jogged behind her and climbed up after. Elizabeth was panting as she tried to calm down.

"Calm down. It's okay," Courtney comforted her. Elizabeth slowly composed herself and started to laugh. "What are you laughing about?" Courtney questioned.

"It must have targeted fears..." Elizabeth laughed, "I haven't panicked like that since I was out on the streets with you and Mark."

"Sometimes I question who the crazier person is on this team..." Courtney joked.

They chuckled at this, then they remembered where they were and became serious again, "What is this room?" Courtney asked.

"It's empty... Something's up..." Elizabeth muttered.

They looked around for anything but nothing was there. The room was eerily empty... and then the room started to shift. The entire room was wobbling and shifting when they realized what was happening. The girls toppled over and rolled around, unable to stand.

"So that's what the room does... I don't like it very much, it's too similar to the fifth floor," Courtney mumbled.

Elizabeth steadied herself when she bounced to the wall. The entire room was shaking, but there was a new addition to it. A ladder was hanging in the very center and it wasn't wobbling at all. "Try to bounce over to the ladder I'll meet you there," Elizabeth commented.

Elizabeth started to walk but was soon knocked over and she seemed to direct her bouncing to the center. Courtney did the same, moving forward slowly, just trying to get out. Elizabeth reached the ladder and grabbed on. She offered her hand to Courtney, "Let's hurry on to the next floor. I'm getting queasy just from being in here."

Courtney grabbed Elizabeth's hand and pulled herself to the ladder. The girls scrambled up into the ninth level. The room was again empty at first but then thin red beams started to come out of the walls.

"They really did the cliché thing with lasers?..." Elizabeth muttered, "I can't believe they did lasers..."

The girls started to jump around to avoid the red beams. Courtney's shirt sleeve ran through one of the beams and it instantly sheared the thin fabric off. "Be very careful those are really strong!" she exclaimed startled.

Elizabeth huffed and kept going. More lasers were starting to come out of the walls and the ones on the floor were disappearing, "Drop when there aren't any below you! We can crawl along the floor once they do!"

"Good idea!" Courtney complimented.

The lasers disappeared beneath the girls and they dropped to the floor. They crawled across the floor and went under the ladder. "Now what? We can't climb up because of the lasers!" Courtney questioned.

"We're going to have to wait until they go away," Elizabeth explained.

"Ugh. I hate waiting!" Courtney complained.

They sat under the ladder until the lasers above them started to disappear. Courtney looked at Elizabeth. She nodded and they climbed up to the next floor.

___________________

A/N: Elizabeth is not scared of spiders unlike many other children of Athena. She just strongly dislikes them touching her. Courtney, on the other hand, is terrified by even the thought of spiders. Any feedback is awesome and I always reply to comments. Thanks for reading this far and I hope you have enjoyed and will enjoy any parts to come!