Past Feelings

I really didn't like the plan Nahuel had come up with, but at the same time I could tell how he knew it would work if everything went to plan. All I could do now was act accordingly to how he had explained it and hope everything worked out.  

Walking through the Forks forest, heading towards the Cullen house, I kept my guard up just in case any of the Volturi decided to head towards La Push. If they were taking the main road to my land, they would have to get past me first. Sam was on guard at the treaty-line, along with Jared and a couple of the other wolves in his pack just in case. My own pack was spread out over the Forks forest, staying downwind so they wouldn't be detected easily. They weren't to set foot in the Cullen's baseball field where Alice had seen the Volturi meet them, unless things turned bad. Even with not being seen, heard or smelt, there were close by and could see everything with would play out. Some were in human form and others in wolf form. 

Nahuel had thoroughly worked out his plan. He knew it would look suspicious if all twenty of the wolves in my pack alone were there with the Cullens. At first I thought it may have been some trick of his, but after thinking about it for a while, I understood what he meant and how he saw it. I figured if he saw it that way, maybe the Volturi would see it in the same lighting. The only thing which could go wrong now was if Aro touched one of the Cullen's hands to read their every thought. Though he said it wouldn't so much matter with Ness as we were fighting. 

I really didn't like working with a leech like Nahuel, though Seth assured me you got used to it and that it wasn't as bad when in the end you won. I didn't think I would ever get used to it, but with that being said, I got used to the Cullens and their leech scent and I never thought I would. The things I did for Renesmee at times was unbelievable. 

Nearing the Cullen's baseball field, I got down low with hearing voices talking. Peering through the long grass, over the bank, I saw all the Cullen's standing closely together with their mates, all apart from Edward and Bella. They were standing away from one and other, standing solo like they were arguing. Nahuel was with Ness, his arms wrapped tightly around her as she held William in her arms. My eyes narrowed with seeing William. I didn't think they would have brought him here. It was probably just another part of Nahuel's plan he had left out just in case. He knew there was a strong possibility Aro would want to hear my thoughts too. He knew the mind games I played on Edward at times and thought maybe they could come in handy. I just hoped I could make Aro believe the things I thought or make him so confused he couldn't make any sense of it at all.  

Catching the gaze of where all the Cullen's stood staring down the field, I saw the whole Volturi slowly and calmly walking towards the Cullens, though there seemed to be a few less than the last time I had saw them. Aro of course led the coven. He and Jane were the only two I knew of. I didn't really bother learning their names. They were just all leeches to me. Their names didn't change things. Their powers did. I only knew Aro and Jane because of their powers were threatening in this situation. Alec would have been threatening too if someone hadn't killed him years ago. Funny how word passed on from vampire to vampire as they travelled, I thought.  

In the beginning the Cullen's and I thought maybe it was just a rumour, though there before my eyes was the proof. Alec was not walking with the rest of the Volturi. No wonder I had thought there were less of them.  

I sensed ecstatic electricity in the air. There was excitement from my and Sam's pack with these leeches in town and the Volturi were also excited for some reason. Our packs hadn't seen so many leeches in town for a long, long time. It was a bit of action just to see, let alone fight. But it wasn't just excitement in the air. There was a storm coming too - a big serious one.  

I looked up to the sky. The clouds were literally rolling over my head, turning darker with each second that passed. The wind picked up and blew dead leaves around me. There was a bit of an icy bite in the air now too. A snow storm maybe? Whatever it was, it wasn't too far away, which was a worry. I and the pack and most of the Cullen's could stand cold weather such as seriously, severe snow, but I knew Ness couldn't. She was still half human and felt the weather for what it was. I hoped the wind didn't change direction as then the Volturi would then know the pack was around.