Part 2: Chapter 11: The D'Hannivire Blue Healing Stone

Start from the beginning

"Why don't you go and get the damned map?" suggested Chase.

"I can not go. I will not find him. Only those who seek a map can find The Mapmaker!"  

"Bloody Hell! There always has to be somethin' doesn't there?" groaned Chase sitting up, "He couldn't be a simple travellin' salesman could he? Oh no, he has to be some illusive being that no bugger can find! How do yer know he's back then?"

"The smoke has been seen!" grinned Kish, still waving at them to get dressed.

"Smoke? Okay! I give in! When do we leave?"  

"Your keppets are waiting."

"We're both going?" said Amy surprised. "Then who else is coming?"

"No one. You both must go. Food and all equipment packed, just in case you need to sleep."

"You've packed food? You've actually remembered we eat! " said Amy, sitting up, "So, how long will we be gone?" Both Chase and Amy couldn't help think, 'at last we'll be able to practised alone', but tried hard not to let those thoughts drift.

"Ah?" Kish's forehead suddenly creased painfully but it was only because he was trying to work out  the route in his mind. "It will take as long as it takes... I believe about three or four of your earth days to find the cave and then... about...  the same time to return. Yes! A different route back." He nodded at this, agreeing will himself. "Come! Also packed are the long sticks you like Chase, for making tent, yes? Or would you prefer to use Amy's petticoats?" 

"Huh.... Amy's petticoats'll do just fine."  

 "Come! See! Up up!" Kish pulled the covers off them, catching the panda's ribbon in his long fingers as he did.  

"Careful!" cried Amy, "the panda's very fragile, some of his stuffing has already come out."  

Chase rolled over to face her. "Giv'sit here, let's have a look. Miri loved this thing."  

Amy handed the panda to him. "I'm sorry Chase. It's not that bad is it? I think I over hugged him."  

"Aw, no, don't worry about it. Mum was always sewing him up. Ow! What the–!?"

Chase suddenly scrunched up his shoulder and covered his left ear as a sudden sharp pain took him off guard. 

"What's wrong Chase?"

"Nothin'"

"I'll have another go at mending him later but I'm not very good at sewing," confessed Amy.  

"I'll do it," said Chase rubbing his ear. He smoothed the red ribbon around the panda's damaged neck.

"You can sew!?"

Chase tried not to roll his eyes and then imitated one of Amy's  out bursts. "Of course I can, just because I'm a boy you think I can't sew?" He grinned at her. "I always mended the bridles– Jibben was very fussy about the stitchin'," He mimicked his Uncle Jibben, "Nine stitches to the inch!" Chase pulled on the thread, but then,  "Ow! Agh! What the–?" he grabbed his ear again. 

"Are you alright?" asked Amy. "What's wrong? There is something wrong!"

Chase shook his head. A frown slowly crept across his face. "What's this?"  

Sitting up he gently tugged on more of the thread and then quickly pulled out some of the panda's stuffing.  A corner of plastic was now sticking out from under the panda's chin.