Gifts - Chp 24

I’ve lasted over a month of being kept away from my ever darling Lucille, my soul mate. I’ve put myself into proving to her father that I am a loyal man and I’d treat his daughter with utter most care and love. Starting with my family, I’ve thrown myself into work to not only to support my family but also to have the wedding that my Lucille has dreamt of. Because, no matter what, I promise on my soul and my heart that’s to be handed to my sweet Lucille; we will be wed. My family is flourishing, my siblings are in positive light and are even comforting me! The house we live in is utterly glorious and vibrant with life, the loss of our parents is put in the past and we are living for the now. I’m adamant to educate them as much as possible and provide, thus I have been promoted with my multiple jobs and I have seen the benefits in everyone around me; my family and even society is looking on at me with admiration and wonder. I just pray that soon, I shall be blessed with the hand of my Lucille, because I’ve promised her my hand in marriage. – Jacob Iris

Sadly, our trip to Melbourne ended way earlier than what I wanted, or anyone else for that matter. In the end Luc had to drag me out of bed – despite the fact that it was also an early morning train ride – after promising me that before next term he’d take me back to Melbourne alone.

By the end of our train trip and all we’d gotten up to the exhaustion finally crept up on me and I had fallen asleep from the car trip back and Luc had to carry me into my room. Meaning when I woke up it was Tuesday morning and I had to get ready for school and in all honesty I was saddened that I didn’t get to thank Lucas for our beautiful trip and say goodnight to him and to wake up alone in bed.

Sleeping alone was going to take a while to get used to.

Racing rather quickly eager to see Luc again I raced to the shower, I than quickly dried and let my hair dry to their wavy curls. I coated my lashes with mascara and added my usual natural shaded golden eye shadow making my eyes sparkle and giving some color and shine, I finished it with a rosy balm to my lips; my daily apparel. Finally, I slid on our school uniform of white blouse and grey pleated skirt.

Skipping into the kitchen I found my Nan by the stove cooking herself her usual porridge with strawberries. Racing up behind her I didn’t hesitate in the slightest as I wrapped my arms around her waist tightly, squeezing her more so. “Thank you so much!” I whispered in all honesty into her back, inhaling her homely scent.

I was happy, not for the fact alone that the trip to Melbourne was what forced me to accept Luc. I was also so happy because with no actual parents in my family to play a role and having elderly grandparents as your guardian vacations don’t come often or at all – especially with the family – but Nan gave this to me, even when she was supporting me without a job or all. She was the sweetest women ever and she was always going to be the mother I always needed, rather than my actually mother.

Nan chuckled softly patting my hand that sat wrapped around her lovingly “That’s alright dear, I’m happy I could make you happy. You deserved it, you’ve been so stressed out so much lately with school.” She said turning around to face me with a worried look.

I smiled strained; I wondered what she’d say if she knew the truth behind what really has had me so strained and stressed lately. Or does she know more than she lets on?

“Dear you’re running late, quick have some food or you’re going to be late first day back, we don’t want to make a habit of this now do we?” My Nan asked, raising her brow as she gave me a pointed glance.

I nodded hastily as my heart began to pump harder again, with the rush of adrenaline. Quickly I made my way around the kitchen, grabbing the glass of juice off the bench I than also stole my slice of Nan’s toast laughing at her cry out of protest. Giggling happily I sculled back the juice, swung my backpack over my shoulder and ran laughing out the front door.