August the 6th and 8th

6th of August.

THIS PLACE IS BORING BEYOND WORDS.

1. Granny gave up on trying to talk to me. Now we sit through three meals a day quietly, with no noise except for the booming TV showing one of Granny's quiz shows. THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY. The sounds the programme makes when someone answers right or wrong pop up in my mind at the strangest of times.

2. I'm beginning to realize life was more bearable while working at Daisy's family farm. The work made time go by quicker. Now, damn it, I am NOT going back there.

3. What's up with Daisy? She can't be this angry at me, right?

4. I've discovered a new "game", and worst of all, I actually find it amusing. That's how boring this place is. (This is what I do: I listen for melodies in the sheep's bleating.)

Sorry for whining, Hannah.

8th of August.

The sheep is gone! Since there are only so many times you can watch reruns of So You Think You Can Dance, I contemplated leaving my comfy spot for the first time in days and go look for it. Luckily this is one of those rare days when it's not raining, so I went out on my mission about an hour ago with high hopes.

The sheep is nowhere to be found. I see the its friends, I see everyone except my companion. Now I can't even talk to a sheep! That's it. I give up. I'm going to Daisy's to apologize. She was sort of right, wasn't she, Hannah? I can't face how embarrassing I've been, though. She'd think I'm ridiculous.

8th of August, afternoon.

Oh, blast it, I'm walking over to her place anyway. Wish me luck.

Update:

She forgave me. Can you believe it? She didn't even mock me, like I was afraid she would. I knocked on her door, and her mum answered and invited me in for tea and some sweets. I tried to refuse, because, well, what if it would piss Daisy off? Then I thought never mind, gave in to my sweet tooth, and that's how Daisy found me: happily chatting with her mum.

 If it were me, I'd have been so pissed, but she simply poured some tea for herself and started chatting away about the cattle, telling me what I missed while being stubborn at "home".