Avoiding

<pre style="line-height: 21px; white-space: normal; color: #444444; font-size: 15px; text-align: -webkit-auto;">Nathaniel stopped his car in my driveway and locked the doors, I turned to him wanting him to unlock them. It had been three days since I had the abortion and I felt sick to my core of what I did with Nathaniel. Sure, I had no regrets loosing my V card to him, but the half vampire baby was enough to make me ill. 

"Alex, you haven't said three words to me in the last 3 days. Is it because of me? I'm sorry if I hurt you." He apologised. 

I shrugged my shoulders. I didn't know what to think when it came down to it. 

"Talk to me Alex. I need to know." 

I felt every emotion just bottle up inside of me at that exact moment. I spoke without realising. 

"You know what Nate? I'm disappointed in myself. I feel like a horrible person for ending a kids life. I had sex with you, not that I have any regrets, but we made a foolish mistake. A stupid mistake. We crossed a boundary that almost had unnerving consequences for the both of us. I love you. You make me feel like I'm something, but I can't fathom what happened last weekend between us." 

Nathaniel looked at me curiously, my body was still hyper from when I spilled everything inside my brain. He got out of the car and came to my side, opening my door and picking me up in one fluid emotion. He hugged me and I stood limp, blocking everything that I liked about this hug. 

"I knew it, but I had to hear it from your lips." He whispered to himself.

"Nathaniel. It wasn't your fault, it was mine and I'm sorry I came onto you so strong."

Nathaniel dropped the hug and went back to holding my body. He swept a stand of my hair that was swaying in the wind behind my ear, his eyes pulsing gentle flecks of violet which meant he was upset. His hands went to my stomach and underneath my shirt, he crossed a boundary and I tried to pry his hands away. 

"Nate, please don't go there at the moment." I asked almost begging. 

His hands felt along the stitching and I half yelped. Not because I was in pain but I hated it, I hated that mark across my stomach. I put my hand to my mouth and the other one was fanning my face trying to make myself calm down. Nathaniel didn't move his eye gaze from mine and he continued to explore my stomach, his fingers coming to rest at his bite mark. That's when his face dropped and he closed his eyes, ashamed. He removed his hands and he found my hands, entwining his fingers with mine, his head moved up to my face and he pulled my hands to my side. 

"This sounds horrible but Felix asked me to take you to have your stitches out sometime today." He said very deeply like his throat was coated in honey. 

I nodded and Nathaniel pulled up my two jumpers and top to reveal my mark and his bite mark. 

"Sorry isn't enough for you Alex. I wish I didn't put you through such a horrible nightmare." He told me examining.

I nodded not able to say anything about what he was doing. He placed my jumpers down and guided me to his car. I got in and he sped off towards his house. Nothing was said, just the sound of the road beneath the tyres. Once we reached the driveway to Nathaniel's, he slowed the car down to roughly 70 and parked in the underground garage. I took off my seat belt and pushed my way out of the car. Nathaniel was already in front of me grabbing my hand. I took it and thanked him. He pulled me along inside where Felix was at the kitchen bench top amused in a glass of water. He heard us come in and his head snapped around to Nathaniel who placed his arm around my waist. 

"I think we're ready?" Nathaniel asked looking down at me. 

I nodded and Felix got up, coming over to us.