New Dawn

<pre style="line-height: 21px; white-space: normal; color: #444444; font-size: 15px; text-align: -webkit-auto;">Felix came in and bought me a simmering bowl of soup. I thanked him for it while he turned to his phone receiving a phone call. I took the soup slowly as I wasn't that hungry but I was. Everything that happened the past couple of days made me absolutely frightened. I couldn't really explain the fear that was running through my mind when I first got told that I was changing into a werewolf. I never knew that Vampires, werewolves and humans knew of each others existence. Well I'm sure that no human beside me knows that exist. I scraped up the last bit of soup on my bowl and leant over to place the bowl on the bedside table beside me. I heard two voices on the other side of the door. I tried to strain my ears to listen but I couldn't make out who they were. I watched as the door opened and Nathaniel came in. I couldn't react to what I was feeling. I didn't know whether I was angry at him or I was happy that he was here and wasn't fighting with his sister. I just laid there feeling paralysed by my feelings, they were so muddled I didn't think I'd be able to solve my emotion jigsaw puzzle until the morning. I sat up and pulled my legs up to my chest. I rested my chin on the top of my legs, my arms wrapped around my legs keeping them secure. Nathaniel sat on the otherwise of the bed, his hand moving slowly towards me. His long ivory hand touched my shoulder and I shut my eyes, breathed in and tried to work out what he was doing. I felt my body get pulled towards him and I opened my eyes, slowly tears began to fall, falling down my cheek and piling up on my chin. I felt my head rest on the crook of his shoulder, my nose reaching up and nuzzling his neck because I felt warmth being in his arms. 

"Nathaniel-" 

"Shhh. I need to apologise. It was never my intention to hurt you like that, you have my upmost sincere apology." 

"Nathaniel, I want to go home." I said. 

"Ok, I'll stay with you to make sure you're alright." He nodded. 

I shook my head. I was selfish for shaking my head but I wanted to be alone. I was starting to crave it. 

"Alex, you're blocking me again. Please let me in." 

"I'm not blocking you Nate. I just need time to myself." 

I pushed myself out of his grip and got up off the bed, my balance wasn't that great but I went out to the kitchen and saw Felix reading the paper. 

"Felix could you please take me home?" I asked him. 

His eyes looked up from his paper but his body still stayed hunched over the newsprint. 

"Something happen?" He asked. 

I knew full well he knew that what was said, I folded my hands over chest and waited for something to happen. 

"I'll take you home and I'll leave you alone." Nathaniel offered. 

Felix slightly lifted his head and then his nose fell back to the print. I dragged a breath in through my nose and out again. I walked with Nathaniel to the door, he picked me up and carried me to his car. 

"I'm sorry Alex." He apologised. 

I didn't respond. We drove home in silence, all I heard was Nathaniel's shallow breathing, the car's tyres rustling over leaves that feel to the tar on the road and the whistle of the engine. No words were spoken. Nathaniel pulled up to my driveway and I got out, his lips moved to say something but then they pursed shut. I left the door open and thanked him, then shut the door behind me. I walked up to the front and I felt hands grab my waist, they twisted me around and Nathaniel leant down to kiss me. My body was too frozen to push him off me. His lips came into contact with mine and I felt my body go limp and shut off altogether. His lips moulded to mine, his kiss was urgent but passionate, his mouth shaping mine. There was no denying that I wanted and needed him. His lips fell off mine and I blinked unaware of what just happened. My eyes trailed from his chest to his eyes where the violet glow pulsed with such ambition.