Consumed

<pre style="line-height: 21px; white-space: normal; color: #444444; font-size: 15px; text-align: -webkit-auto;">I woke to cold hands around my body. They were protective, possessive like a child holding a teddy bear. I didn't want to move, I was content to stay in Nathaniel's arms for the rest of my life. I didn't know how we ended up back at home but I was snug as a bug in my bed. 

"What are you thinking about?" I asked Nathaniel. 

"You. There isn't a second in a day that I don't think about you. I sound so obsessive." He laughed at himself. 

"Don't worry, I think about you too." I told him. 

He propped me up onto his chest more, his long ivory fingers tracing my spine. He breathed deep, long breaths. Several times my head was spinning because I forgot to breathe. I counted three seconds to breathe in, three seconds to breathe out to regulate my pattern. Nathaniel gave up touching me and sat me up. He looked into my eyes, deep and full of desire. 

"I don't want you to do anything with me without consent. If I may, can I share a first kiss?" He asked me. 

"Anything without consent? Busting me out of a mental hospital-" 

His lips crushed against mine and I felt my body become a lump of rock under his touch. His lips brushed against mine, electricity surging wanting him to keep being rough from when they first crashed onto mine. He pulled back and looked at me in a curious way. He leant in again, his forehead resting against mine. My breathing was loud, hungry for more of him. He was a craving that I had no desire to give up on. 

"I don't want to hurt you," he said softly, pulling away from me. 

"The only thing you would do to hurt me is to leave me." I told him truthfully. 

"I would make you forget me if something bad were to happen." He admitted. 

"No. You can't!" I started to sob. "Please don't, you're my guardian angel. Nate please," I begged. 

His hand reached up to my cheek, his hand caressing gently, sending a flood of relief throughout my body. The same feeling I felt when he saved me from the wolf, him cradling me in his arms. 

"I'm your peasant, use me at your will," he smiled at me, stretching his thumb to catch an escaping tear from my eye. 

I watched as he played with the water droplet in his hand, consumed in the liquid that fell from my eye. 

"If it came to it, would you change me to become like you?" I asked him sniffing up his tears. 

He stood up and jumped in fury. 

"Absolutely not! That is out of the question. You don't want to be like me. I'm a monster Alex. A hunter, a predator. You don't understand how careful I have to be around you. I could snap your feeble body in two without hesitation. Please perceive that." 

I recoiled at how his words were played out in front of me. I felt my lips quiver ready to cry or break down. I ran past him but he grabbed me and pulled me back. 

"I'm sorry," he apologised. 

"Don't be. I should be sorry. Please let me go," I asked him. 

He let me go and I ran to the kitchen grabbing my car keys. I went to open the door but strong hands kept it closed. 

"You're displeased with me. Please give me comprehension of why you're maddened." 

I shrugged my shoulders not wanting to answer why I was upset. I didn't like his answer of my question. I mean I was expecting it but I never imagined it to come out as harsh as he planned it. 

"I just need some space." I told him. 

"Tell me your reasoning and I'll give you all the space you need," he replied. 

I laughed. Not because I thought what he said was funny but because we sounded like a married couple. I turned around and faced Nathaniel. I stood there letting time lapse, leaving him in a state of confusion. 

"I just need space." I told him again, flat with no emotion. 

He went to speak but he closed his mouth. I raised my eyebrows at him, motioning that I was catching on to what he was going to say. 

"You're afraid to let me in, aren't you?" He asked me. 

"No!" I said with hard emotion. 

"Yes, you make petty excuses when you're upset and then you leave me hanging in the balance wondering what on earth I've done wrong." 

"Let's break up." I told him. 

"How can we? We were never together." 

"We're fighting fate trying to be together. It's not going to work Nathaniel. You're a vampire, I'm a human. Simple." 

Nathaniel shook his head and his face went hard. I sucked in a breath at how intimidating he looked. I was suddenly really afraid of what he would do next. I ducked under his arm and ran outside afraid. I fell to the back yard grass area on my knees crying and sobbing. It felt like a monster had ripped out of my heart. It was broken, torn and there was no way escaping that those feelings I felt for Nathaniel. They were never going to go away.</pre>