Drained

<pre style="line-height: 21px; white-space: normal; color: #444444; font-size: 15px; text-align: -webkit-auto;">It had been 2 days since I last saw Nathaniel, not that I was complaining. I did my morning routine. Woke up, made myself a coffee and sat out on the porch. Three joggers came past, two with dogs and one by them self. I recognised the figure, Nathaniel. He smiled at me and jogged off. My heart sank down. How could he be so nice when I treated him like crap? I got ready for school and got my bag all packed. I drove to school, dragging myself along. I parked my car, got out and walked the hallway to see Trish. She was busy talking to her boyfriend. Not really paying attention to me. I started to feel insecure and walked down the hallway, making my way to class. I dropped my folder and went to pick it up, someone picked it up for me. I looked to see who it was. Nathaniel. 

"Thanks." I said as he handed it to me. 

"So, how are you?" He asked me. 

"I'm good. How are -" 

"Stop lying." He told me. 

"Excuse me?" 

"You're not good. You've been moping around. I gave you space and I feel as if you owe me an explanation," 

"What do you want me to say Nathaniel? I can't explain why I feel this way. I'm not use to someone actually caring about me, you make me feel alive, I can't do this." I went to walk off.

His long hand grabbed my hand and pulled me back. I hated how strong he was sometimes. I started to cry in front of him. I made myself promise that I would not shed another tear for him. I went back on everything I set up. 

"Please let me in. I hate seeing you so low." He smiled at me. 

"I can't Nathaniel, I'm too broken." 

"I can fix you, please allow me that chance." 

"Fine," I blurted out without realising. 

He pulled me into his arms, relief and happiness started to flow back into my body. I felt safe and secure. I liked everything about this feeling. Nathaniel was my umbrella over the storm that surges through my heart. He knew how to keep me dry, warm and safe without me realising. He pulled me away and pulled me into class. We sat up the back with Trish who came over to me. 

"Why can't everybody be happy?" She said pointing to Miss Hener. 

Miss Hener was in a flustered mood, yelling at the football team boys to stop playing with their football, eventually taking it of them and handing out detention slips. Trish rolled her eyes, poked her athletic buttox out and looked at Nathaniel, staring deeply, intoxicated with him. I looked at Nathaniel and he was looking deeply into Trish's eyes. Within three seconds she turned to me and told me straight that she was going to find her seat. I blinked my eyes and looked at Nathaniel who was smiling at me. I huffed and looked down at my work. They both seemed more connected to what I had with Nathaniel. I was jealous. 

"Why are we repeatedly on the opposing side of me?" Nathaniel asked me. 

"Don't ask." I put my barrier up. 

"Enlighten me." He said like he was threatening me. 

"You and Trish." I said annoyed. 

I got my pen out and scrubbed harshly at my page, anger and jealously were flaring. Nathaniel casually leaned over and took my book and pen away from me. I gave him a look of annoyance. 

"If you must know, I have no inclusion of Trish in my arrangement. I was merely compulsing her to make her own plans while I had a unplanned agenda with you." He told me. 

"English please?" I offered.

"I compelled Trish to go away." He answered. 

I made my lips into an 'o' shape understanding why he looked so delicately into her eyes. Nathaniel grabbed my page and scribbled in his neat cursive writing 

"I love you Alex. More than my own world. You are my Guardian Angel." 

I looked at him like he was joking and his eyes melted into mine telling me that he was serious. He pulled my seat in the corner closer to him and wrapped his arm around my waist, my head leaning over to use his shoulder as a cushion while Miss Hener hit the lights to watch a movie. </pre>