Awakening

<pre style="line-height: 21px; white-space: normal; color: #444444; font-size: 15px; text-align: -webkit-auto;">I woke up to what felt like a bad hangover. I had a massive head ache, my body felt like it had he dumped a million times at the beach. I opened my eyes slowly, letting light come back first, slowly they started to readjust. The room was empty except for me. 

The door started to creak open and Nathaniel poked his head in, he smiled once he caught my eye and came over within a blink. 

"Alex, how are you- are you alright?" He asked me worried. 

I nodded my head slowly. My throat was sore from all that crying yesterday. Felix and Emily weren't that far behind Nathaniel. Emily pulled Nathaniel back out of the way and she came over with a small needle, it looked like some sort of herb in clear liquid.

"Emily no! Please don't. Not wolfsbane. If she has venom in her still, who knows what will happen!" I heard Nathaniel cry. 

Felix went over to Nate and held him back, he had him in a handcuff lock. I was suddenly afraid what was in that needle. Emily caught on my expression and put the needle down. 

"Alex. I promise on your life that I wouldn't do anything to hurt you, but this wolfsbane is going to eliminate the last of the venom in you. If it happens again, Nathaniel, Felix and I can't be around if you do turn into a wolf. You could kill us." Emily explained to me. 

I nodded as looked at Nathaniel who looked absolutely appalled at Emily's speech. I held my wrist to her and put my other hand to my head. Emily placed the needle and let the liquid seep slowly into my body. She pulled the needle out and I rested waiting for the wolfsbane effect. I didn't feel anything, but my head started to pulse. I put my unrestricted hand to my head to try and stop the centre of gravity making me feel off. I felt liquid run down my nose and blood started to drip to the sheets. I started to cry and Felix released Nathaniel. 

"Shh shh, Alex. It's just a little hurdle." Nathaniel told me. 

The wolfsbane started to come down and I dropped my hand. Emily was dabbing my nose and cleaning my mess up. 

"I think we're going to have to do this every hour Emily." Felix said unimpressed. 

I looked at the bed sheets and silver was still mixing in my blood. A whole splatter of it came out in that last lot of wolfsbane. 

"Did you want to have a shower to clear your head Alex?" Emily asked me. 

I nodded and started to shiver out of fear. Nathaniel lifted my body off the bed. I was still in my dress from when we didn't even make it to the ball. He carried me down to a shower and held my body upright while I waited for Emily to help me. She came in and Nathaniel placed my weak, feeble body on the stool. Emily went to work undoing my dress and unpinning my hair. She filled up the bath tub for me because she felt that a shower would be too difficult at the moment. The bubbles made me hang for a bath. Once it was full enough, Emily placed me into the bath tub like a child. The bubbles just coming up to my chin. 

"I can hear him impatient at the door, did you want him to come in?" Emily asked me referring to Nathaniel. 

In response I nodded. Emily opened the door and not a second later Nathaniel came over. He sat beside me in the bath tub and craned his neck to my level to kiss me on my cheek. 

"When will I be free of the venom?" I asked Nathaniel. 

"I don't know. I know it's not as bad anymore. Just stick with the wolfsbane. It's going to help you Alex." 

I sat silently in the tub, my body slipping deeper into the water. Nathaniel thought I was falling, so he reached for my body. 

"I'm ok." I told him. "Just soaking." 

He nodded and played with the bubbles around me. 

"How are you feeling?" 

I shrugged my shoulders and played with the bubbles. 

"I can't say much because I've never experienced this in my whole entire life." 

Nathaniel nodded, he got up and Emily came in with some clothes for me. Nathaniel left the room and I did what I could with my lack of energy to help her, although she was coping quite well. I got changed into a tracksuit and Emily carried me back to my room. 

"I feel so bad but we're going to do another dose of wolfsbane. We're upping it too." Emily said. 

I nodded and laid back into the bed. Nathaniel was beside me when I blinked my eyes, I didn't think that he was ever going to leave. His eyes were soft and sullen, his face was pinched like he was hurting too.

"What happens when you come into contact with wolfsbane?" I asked Nate. 

"Nothing, but vervain is like wolfsbane for a wolf to us." He scrunched his eyebrows up trying to make sense. 

"So if I were to be injected with vervain, nothing would happen right?" I asked. 

"Yes. It should be the same for you for wolfsbane but because you've got venom, it's reacting." 

I nodded understanding the whole immortal world. Well I was trying to make sense of it. Apparently wolfsbane would harm wolves and vervain would hurt vampires. I was part wolf at the moment. I didn't want to become anymore but everything less. If I turned into a wolf, Nathaniel and I wouldn't be able to see each other, I would be a monster, I would terrorise the whole town just because it would be in my nature. I didn't want to become like that vile dog that attacked me when I was a child. 

Emily came into the room and I sat up more, she had the wolfsbane. Ready to make me better. As much as I hated it, I did it for Nathaniel. I was going to save our relationship. 

Emily carefully took my arm and swabbed alcohol on it. I could smell it and it started to make me queasy, I really hated needles, especially this one. Emily pressed the tip of the needle into my arm and the liquid seeped into my system. I waited for it. The wolfsbane started to take effect. I started to cry and acid tears dripped down my eyes, silver venom came down. 

"Emily no more!" Nathaniel hissed. 

I screamed as the silver venom started to come through my pores on my skin. Emily was busy moping it up trying to get it before it went back down. I felt my stomach starting to heave, Nathaniel recognised my reaction and placed a bucket under my nose and I chucked up a whole load of silver. Felix came over with another needle and Nathaniel started to loose his cool. The whole trio of vampires were loosing it. Emily took Nathaniel and held him back. Felix took the needle and placed it down in front of me. 

"Look Alex. This is the last lot of wolfsbane. I promise this is the final dose. It's almost out of your system." Felix assured me. 

I nodded and Nathaniel was on the floor wrestling with Emily. I had to get out. I couldn't watch siblings fight over me. Felix looked at me, my eyes diverted to Emily and Nathaniel. Felix recognised my reaction. I had to make a dash for it. I got up and chucked the wolfsbane across the room. The noise like a bomb going off. Nathaniel and Emily stopped, looked at me and then went back to fighting. Felix caught my waist, dragging me back to the bed. 

"Stop please!" I begged.

"Listen to me Alex. This has to happen!" 

"Not me! Make them stop! This isn't right! Siblings fighting, I'd kill to have mine back yet they fight!" I cried to Felix.

He turned to me and carried me out of the room, I didn't realise but I was crying so bad. I hated seeing Nathaniel and Emily fight over me. It killed me to the point I felt like I was going to vomit. Felix picked up my body and took me out to Nathaniel's Lamborghini, placing me in the passenger seat, driving off. He kept driving down to the woods, just on the outskirts of town. He parked the car under a cave, picked me up, carried me deeper into the woods. He pushed the tree over and I knew where we were going. He carried me into the secret lair. He placed me gently on the bed, he pulled the covers up. 

"I'm truly sorry Alex. I thought I would take you somewhere private to take the heat of the moment out." Felix told me. </pre>