The Project.

We were given a project on microbiology. We had to study yeast and write about it in a scrapbook. I had to write, Alberto had to study and observe.
So in the evening I ran down to his house. Thank the dead, I could control my fangs.

'Dingdong' I rang the bell. Alberto opened the door. He was wearing a black shirt and checkered shorts. His hair was a bit untidy but he looked so amazing even in these clothes.
"Are you just gonna stare at me or come inside?" He said chuckling like a child.
"Oh, yeah, um, sorry."
"Come in!" He said pointing inwards.
I nodded and we went inside.
He led me towards his bedroom.
"Here" ,he said showing me a bowl, "this is the yeast I had kept some days before. Its risen."
"Yeah...." I said looking at it weirdly. I hadn't seen it before in my life.

We completed our project by 9:30.
"Its too late now...." I said.
"Yeah. Should I drop you home?"
"No, its okay."
"It isn't."
"Why?"
"Bad boys look upon beautiful girls."
We kept staring at each other. He brushed my hair.
Suddenly someone burst open the door. It was his mom.
"Mom!"
"Oh, sorry kids!"
We both were startled. Wait. I could see fangs on her lips. In a fraction of second they disappeared. Maybe it was just my imagination.
"Honey, you look hungry. And its too late. Why don't you have your dinner here? You can call your mom and inform her." His mom said.
"No, its o-"
"Please?" Alberto cut in. It was a lucky chance. I couldnt resist.
"Uhh,okay."
"Yay! You kids come down and I'll serve you in a few minutes!" She sounded really excited.
"Why's you mom so excited?"
"We usually don't have guests."
"Oh okay..." I said.

I went down and called mom. "Hello? Mom?"
"Joanna? Is that you? Whose phone is this?"
"Mom, its Alberto's landline. I need your permission to have dinner here."
"Alberto? Isn't that the boy you like?"
I could feel myself blushing on the phone.
"Mom!" I said.
"Heheheh! You can have your dinner but do you have your pills?"
"Yes." I said.
"Great."
"Bye momma!"
"Bye sweetblood!"

I kept the phone and sat down in front of Alberto.
His father sat at the center and his mother served us roast meat.
"I hope you're not vegetarian." She said.
"No." I replied with a smile.
We started eating and suddenly I could feel someone brushing my toe. I looked up and saw Alberto smiling at me. I was blushing. Real hard. I started coughing and Alberto's mother served me water. No ways was I drinking water. Blood,blood, I need blood.
Then the coughing sensation relieved. Alberto still kept brushing my feet. When his mom and dad went inside the kitchen, I asked in a soft tone.
"What are you doing?"
"I'm just swinging my feet." He said with a crooked smile. Oh, don't kill me with that smile, I kept thinking.
"Really? You couldn't find a better excuse?" I said giggling.
"Um.... No!" He said.